Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Attention Tommy Shaw Fans!

Okay, I realize that being a Tommy Shaw fan is vaguely obscure, in and of itself - therefore, the collection of persons who are simultaneously Tommy Shaw fans who read MY blog is probably limited, to...well, the one person who once commented several months ago that they were a Tommy Shaw fan as well.

So, to my possible audience of ONE person...

Huzzah! Tommy Shaw's debut solo album, Girls With Guns, HAS BEEN RE-RELEASED by American Beat records and is available on CD at Amazon! For, like, $11.00!! GIRLS WITH GUNS AT AMAZON.COM

I originally received this album as a Christmas gift my freshman year in HIGH SCHOOL (so, that would have been [gulp] December 1986), on cassette. (Remember cassettes??) I played it OBSESSIVELY through high school - my tape broke from overuse sometime during my senior year of high school, at which time I got a new one from someone, who, I think, was not as big a Tommy fan as I was and had rarely listened to their copy.

Anyhoo, that second tape lasted me through college, but, it too broke sometime around 1994. I didn't think about replacing it at that time, as my musical interests had shifted and I was all about The Indigo Girls, Nirvana, The Smiths and Nine Inch Nails.

By the time I decided I wanted to replace the album, it was out of print, and people were selling it on Ebay for something in the neighborhood of $300. Too rich for my blood. I kept scouring the Internet looking for a reasonably priced copy, and looking for the music as downloads and not finding it, and YESTERDAY! Yesterday I logged onto Amazon.com for something and lo and behold, in "recommendations for you" was the news that Girls With Guns was available for immediate shipment!

So, the album will be on my doorstep shortly. Husband remains convinced that when I hear it again I will be disappointed, since I have been looking for it for 5 years.

For once, I hope Husband is wrong. :-)

LM

I never thought I could handle
A girl with guns
And let me tell you
You can bet that I'm not the only one
(Lyrics by Tommy Shaw, circa 1984)

:-)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

OK, I've never heard of him but your enthusiasm is infectious and now I can't wait for it to arrive either! I hope your reunion with your high-school music is joyous.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Hi, I'm a fellow TS fan and am waiting to travel to HCMC for the baby girl we are adopting. I've read your blog, along with many others, but I felt the need to comment here since poor Tommy seemingly has so few fans!

You might be slightly jealous of me since I have a close up polaroid picture of TS's face taken by James Young onstage at a Styx concert my teen daughter and I attended several years ago. We were in the 2nd row and he gave the photo to my daughter!

I hope your new cd brings back lots of great memories for you!

Sue, PAP

Friday, January 04, 2008 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger ARIES60 said...

Hi, another TS fan here. I'm from Australia.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter