Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Bad Blogger

Why is it that the holidays are supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year, and yet I generally feel like I haven't got a second to just enjoy them?

Lana and Gabriel are practically apoplectic with excitement about Santa's upcoming visit. Lana is not keen on the whole, "we buy presents for eachother and then we have to keep it secret for a few weeks" thing. She wants to wrap the gifts and then have the intended recipient open them IMMEDIATELY. She is bursting with the desire to tell Husband what she and I and Gabriel purchased for him, and likewise to tell me what she and Husband and Gabriel have in store for yours truly.

(I have heard whispered rumors from the troops (aka Lana and Gabe) of "Hello Kitty" themed pajamas under the tree in my size. Is it sad and pathetic to be a 35-year-old woman who is happily looking forward to this rumored present?**)

We made cookies for Gabriel's class the other day, and I, through sheer random luck, found a recipe that makes AWESOME Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies. And by awesome, I mean, REALLY REALLY REALLY freaking good. They were so good that I am going to link to the recipe, because, what I am saying is...they are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. So, the recipe is here. YUM. (You have the cream the sugars, butter and peanut butter together for a good amount of time.)

So, anyway, between all the Christmas shopping, baking, wrapping, and, oh, writing a fascinating (NOT!) 10-page brief on why the interest of a valid mortgage holder in good faith is superior to a leasehold interest in a piece of real property (anybody want a copy for some bedtime reading?) I haven't had a lot of time to blog. And I also had to evict a crack-whore and her pimp from a really disgusting apartment, so, hey, just call me "Santa Claus."

I've also been watching a lot of Ask A Ninja. Which, if you haven't been watching Ask A Ninja, YOU MUST WATCH. Good grief it's funny stuff. (Funny enough, for example, to make you forget for a few minutes that you just evicted a prostitute from her humble abode.) You will laugh like the laughingest laugher. Here is my favorite one so far, it's the Ninja speaking on The Hollywood Writer's Strike. Funny stuff, my friends, funny stuff: Ask A Ninja On The Writer's Strike.

Other media stuff I'm kind of obsessed with these days:
1. The new Finger 11 song, Paralyzer. Why do I love this song so much?? I don't know, but, I cannot get enough of it. The video is here: Paralyzer
2. ABC.com has put some episodes of "My So-Called Life" on it's website for your viewing pleasure. It's not "Veronica Mars", but, hey, it was a good show the first time it aired, and, honestly, are you going to watch all the reality tv crap they are going to start airing on Primetime? (Please say no. PLEASE SAY NO.)
3. Christopher Moore's book The Stupidest Angel. My new favorite Christmas book. (Warning, it does contain many swear words, zombies, and a talking fruit bat.)

Hope everyone else is having a calmer Christmas season than I am!

LM

**In the same vein of being happy about the possibility of Hello Kitty pajamas, a few weeks ago I was attending a status pre-trial on a case I thought was fairly straightforward. We were sitting in the Judge's chambers, and opposing counsel dropped a bomb on me that I was TOTALLY not expecting. I didn't have a pen out, so, I grabbed by purse and yanked out the first pen I found and began writing furiously with it. The judge and opposing counsel were quiet for a moment while I wrote, and when I looked up at them, they were both smirking. "Nice pen" opposing counsel said, and the judge laughed, and I realized I was writing furiously with a fuzzy, pink Disney Princess Pen. (The pen was Lana's. Not mine. I swear.) I blushed and then said, "well, I guess you gentlemen don't have any princesses at home!" Such is my life....

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

I noticed that they've re-released "Lamb" in a bible-style look; faux leather cover, gilded page ends, ribbon placemarker. Sacreligous, perhaps, but so friggin' funny. Oh, how I love Christopher Moore.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:58:00 PM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

OMG! I luv Hello Kitty too! I also have pink fuzzy pens but they ARE MINE! LOL I used to blame it on Helen but now I just admit it. So loving the girly stuff! ;-)

~Michelle

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Princess pen, CLASSIC!
Have a great holiday!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I so hear you on the almost too busy to enjoy the season thing (see my last post! LOL)
And your story about the princess pen cracked me up... that would have made a good scene on Aly McBeal, I think. ;-)

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter