Friday, November 16, 2007

Sushi-lust = Irony

My craving for California rolls and cucumber rolls is OUT OF CONTROL. It's like I cannot get enough of them.

Well, that's not exactly true. It's not like a I want to eat a mountain of California or cucumber rolls in one sitting or anything. I just, you know, want A roll, just 7 or 8 pieces.

But I want them EVERY DAY.

To the point that I have actually purchased pre-made California rolls at KR*GER.

FYI, they are not particularly good. I mean, they are mass market sushi, what could I possibly expect, right?

The irony of this is, when I actually LIVED in Japan...I never ate sushi if I could help it. I really didn't enjoy it, I hated the taste of the seaweed...and also the idea of eating raw fish skeeves me out. (I still don't do raw sushi.) (And yes, California rolls are not authentic, I know this. They are a California invention. Hence the name, and all.)

I've had Japanese food four times in the last two weeks. And tonight - Husband and I are having an actual date. And guess what I want? Again. Japanese food.

Is it possible that seaweed is addictive?

LM

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger niobe said...

mmmm...California rolls.

Friday, November 16, 2007 10:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummm . . . sushi. I had a Japanes roommate in college and she used to make it for us and . . . mmmmm. And, I'm thinking you must have gotten some mutant bad persimmon, because mine aren't grainy or overly sweet, just yummy. Of course, maybe I just got lucky and got 10 mutant good persimmons.

Friday, November 16, 2007 7:07:00 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

YUM!!! Do you have a favorite spot in your town. We like a place down in BG called Uraki (sp?)...it is pretty close to where there was once a Chi-Chi's right off 75.

Friday, November 16, 2007 8:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is possible! I was browsing our sushi at the market the other day and the family there making it offered to make me a handroll which I had never had before, compliments of the chef. OMG, it was totally orgasmic. I don't know what he slipped in the handroll but it had me coming back for tuna rolls daily for a long long time. In fact I think I need me some tuna rolls tonight! I'm all about the raw fish.

Saturday, November 17, 2007 5:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter