Monday, October 29, 2007

Daydreams

There was an article in our newspaper this morning, indicating that daydreaming is a healthy and productive activity. Evidently it can be calming and can assist in problem solving.

Since it is evidently a positive thing to do, I thought I'd throw out this question - do you daydream and what about?

And since it's MY blog and all, I'll answer first.

Yes, I daydream. About a variety of things - sometimes I make up alternate endings to books or movies. Sometimes I daydream about lying on the beach with a drink in a coconut and the wind gently blowing my hair.

But, mostly, I daydream about a horse.

Which, is stupid, really, because I've only ever ridden a horse 3 times in my real life.

But, my daydream goes like this:

I win the lottery or otherwise come into some large sum of money and we buy a secluded piece of property someplace beautiful. And on the property, which is very far away from everything, lives my horse. Sometimes the horse is black and sometimes the horse is brown, and sometimes I name the horse Mercury and sometimes I name the horse Freya (see, it depends on if the horse is a boy horse or a girl horse, of course). But, the horse is always huge. And fast. And the horse only likes me and nobody else.

The daydream isn't complicated. I get on the horse, and we run. Fast. Faster and faster. And the horse is incredibly graceful and surefooted and incredibly fast, and the scenery is beautiful. (Sometimes it's like, a perfect verdant meadow, and other times it some kind of valley in some mountains.)

And that's it. Sometimes, in the daydream, Husband has a horse, too. Like a matched set.

Having never been fast, graceful, or surefooted myself, I think, is where this daydream comes from...

So, what do YOU daydream about?

LM

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

Talking with Lucy. I can't wait to have conversations with her. And reading my favorite books with her. And getting pedicures with her (in that magical few years between when she's old enough to get pedicures and when she's old enough to hate me for the duration of her teenage years).

And, holing up in a fancy hotel with room service (and a vegetarian-friendly menu) and a stack of books a foot high, all alone, wonderfully alone.

Monday, October 29, 2007 3:49:00 PM  
Blogger saucygoat said...

I think I'm boring. :) I daydream about throwing parties. All different kinds of themes and everything from big, lavish parties to small, intimate parties. I picture everything from the invites to the table setting to the favors - every little detail.

Monday, October 29, 2007 4:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I daydream about never working again. I HATE my job. Sometimes I daydream about what single life would be like. Who would take out the trash or change the oil in my car?

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:10:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

I think you already know what I daydream about.

Thursday, November 01, 2007 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Donna L. said...

I daydream about a clean, uncluttered, up-to-date house. Oh wait, I'm just thinking about the house I had before we moved to outrageously expensive California and brought home our DD!

I also daydream about owning a restaurant. It's my concept, my menu, my corner table, but other people do all the work.

Friday, November 02, 2007 12:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter