Monday, October 08, 2007

Girlfriends are Better Than Chocolate

I spent Saturday with my college girlfriends, including JDEgirl, Family4Peace, and MommyOfOne, and CB, CS, and KC, who are, as yet, quiet on the web. (At least to my knowledge. Perhaps they are all secretly blogging about the rest of us?) And we missed our girlfriend HR, who was not able to join us. (Collective sob and wailing and rending of clothing and gnashing of teeth.) (But, seriously, H, I know you're reading. I just want you to know you were missed.) (And also that you missed out on some seriously good food.)

I really needed to be with my Girlfriends from college, it was just...better than chocolate. (Of course, the fact that we had chocolate fondue (two kinds!) together was just the icing on the cake. Or the chocolate on the strawberries, I guess, would be a better analogy.)

It was Homecoming Weekend at our small cute liberal arts school, and it was HOT, way to HOT for October. And Husband and I walked Gabe and Lana around the campus - sometimes the nostalgia was overwhelming, and maybe I'll talk about that in another post.

But, for now, I just want to say, it was great to come home, not only to a place, or a place in time, but to the people who made that place so important.

LM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriends are great... old girlfriends who knew you before you were a wife and mom... priceless. :-) Glad you had a great weekend!

Monday, October 08, 2007 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

"Home" can be such a widely-defined word...I'm glad you found yours for the weekend.

Monday, October 08, 2007 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

I live pretty much down the street from where I went to college. It kind of makes me wish that, like you, there was a place I could go back to and feel nostalgic about.

Because you can't go back when you're already there.

Tuesday, October 09, 2007 6:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter