Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Two Memes

Quite a while ago, Bunny's Mom http://vietnambabybabybaby.blogspot.com/ tagged me for the "Middle Name" meme, and I've been all angsty and conflicted about playing because my middle name is pretty unusual - which combined with my first name (which I may have mentioned on occasion on this blog) - makes me readily identifiable to any freaky stalker types. So, I'm playing along with a middle name that isn't mine, but, would have been mine, had my parents named me Jennifer as they originally intended. (Which they didn't, since something like half of the parents of girls the year I was born named their daughters Jennifer. Evidently they were all obsessed with a movie called "Love Story" - in which the character named Jennifer, played by Ali McGraw, tragically DIES after marrying her One True Love, played by Ryan O'Neil. Which I think goes to show you that the mothers in the 70's were kind of twisted and tragic somehow.)


Anyway, I'm told I was going to be Jennifer Grace. So, here goes, five character traits of me, starting with the letters of the middle name I wasn't given:

G - goofy

R - resourceful

A - affectionate

C - concupiscent

E - emphatic

-----------------------------------------------

5 Songs Meme

Five Songs That Remind You of High School

1. Don't Cry - Asia

2. Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leopard

3. Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford

4. Girls With Guns - Tommy Shaw (I am actually kind of desperate (yes, pathetic, I know) to get a hold of the songs on the album of the same name, which is way out of print and insanely expensive to get a used copy. Does anyone know of any music download service that has this? Zune Marketplace (the only one I know how to use) does not. :-( )

5. Manic Monday - The Bangles

Five Songs That Remind You of College

1. Fat Bottomed Girls - Queen

2. Wonderful Tonight - Eric Clapton

3. Shiny Happy People Holding Hands - R.E.M.

4. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

5. Runaway Train - Soul Asylum

Five Songs You Would Put on a Playlist for your Significant Other

(I actually just did this (because evidently, deep inside, I am a 14-year-old girl. Who knew? Anyway, these five are actually on the playlist I made for Husband.)

1. More Than This - Bryan Ferry & Roxy Music.

2. Nothing Like You & I - The Perishers

3. Take Me For Longing - Alison Kraus

4. Inisheer - Greg Trooper

5. Morning Song - Jewel

5 Sexiest Songs You Can Think Of

(I make no explanation or apology about what this may or may not say about me)

1. Closer - Nine Inch Nails

2. Essence - Lucinda Williams

3. Flesh for Fantasy - Billy Idol

4. In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

5. Shake That - Eminem and Nate Dogg

Anyone who wants to play along - feel free!


6 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Yes, I am totally named Jennifer...JENNY after "love story" soo screwed. And MY Father named me!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 9:36:00 PM  
Blogger Tasha Kent said...

OHMYGAWD.... Tommy Shaw. God I loved him in Styx

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger KelleyO said...

I love me some Eminem!!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

The middle name meme reminds me how much I hate my middle name, which my mother chose just to annoy her mother, apparently not realizing that it would annoy me even more.

Friday, September 21, 2007 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger StorkWatcher said...

If it weren't for the fact that you noted the popularity of Jennifer as a name to give me the first clue that we are surely near the same age, your playlist clinched it!

First of all, I was NOT a Nirvana fan, yet "Smells Like Teen/Team - never know what it was - SPirit" was on my "pre-party" tape in college (as in "cassette tape" you newbies. Post record album, pre-CD).

And Brian Ferry??? I only know 2 other people from the USA who know him. Roxy Music was my FAVE Brian Ferry album my junior and senior years.... I probably ordered it through BMG- remember those CD clubs????

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger StorkWatcher said...

PS - My mom picked a nice old-fashioned simple name in the early 70s for me.....

As did the lady across the street who gave birth one day earlier in the same hospital. GEESH! Didn't they tell each other what they were naming their kids???

As did 3 other moms who had girls in my grade, with whom I swear I was in the same class from Kindergarten through senior year! I couldn't even use my last initial to differentiate myself - there was another girl with the same last initial!!!! Ugh.

What did I do? Pick a lovely, sentimental name of a hardly-known Saint for my son that fit within hubby's ancestry.

Apparently, so did 5 million other people that year.

Sorry, Mr A!!! I SWEAR I didn't do that on purpose to you!

I swear - I'm calling the next kid boy or girl - Bruce.

Friday, September 21, 2007 10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter