Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11/2007

I’m more than a little bit freaked out today. I think it’s the fact that it’s a Tuesday, again, like it was six years ago.

The sky is gray, here today. It’s not that impossibly blue blue sky like it was six years ago. I am grateful for the gray sky this morning. I think that a blue sky day would have been too much déjà vu.

I’ve written about 9/11 before – on two occasions. I honestly don’t feel capable of writing about it today. I can’t.

Last year, I wrote this:
http://adventuresoflawmommy.blogspot.com/2006/09/daniel-mcneal.html. And back in
April of 2006, I wrote this: http://adventuresoflawmommy.blogspot.com/2006/04/911.html

I wish I could think of something eloquent or meaningful or poignant or something. Anything. But, I’m coming up empty. I guess I’m flat busted in the word-department today, and I just want to get through the day without tears or disaster.

LM

3 Comments:

Blogger niobe said...

I keep thinking of that blue sky too.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 4:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did have blue sky today, but thankfully I didn't think too much about it, in that way. But I did have to turn on the news first thing this morning, just to make sure nothing horrible happened while I slept (as it did 6 years ago). It felt like most of the world forgot it was 9/11 this year, maybe just way out here in Washington... but it made me a little sad, that people are forgetting already.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 12:31:00 AM  
Blogger La Turista said...

I hadn't read those two posts before, and they were beautiful. As always, I am educated, inspired, and entertained by your words. Thanks.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 2:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter