Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Meredith Grey is either An Idiot or A Masochist

Warning: Grey's Anatomy Season 3 Spoiler Ahead

So...........

Yesterday on my nightly 2 miles on the treadmill, I watched Episode 4 of Season 3 of Grey's Anatomy.

This is the episode where Meredith has acute appendicitis and has to have an appendectomy and gets high on morphine and says all kinds of inappropriate things. And then McDreamy backs out of the whole "dating contest" Meredith has set up between McDreamy and Finn*, and then SHE breaks it off with Finn.

I'm sorry, but, as hot as the chemistry is between Meredith and McDreamy, that was really stupid, or, Meredith is a masochist who doesn't really want to be happy.

Come on - hot, widowed, thoughtful veterinarian who brings her strawberry ice-cream because he knows it is her favorite....or, hot married self-absorbed surgeon who didn't bother to mention he was married until his wife showed up, and then, rather than staying with Meredith, went BACK to his cheating wife who was dancing the horizontal tango with his best friend back in New York the whole time he was with Meredith in Seattle?

Don't get me wrong - McDreamy, is hot. But Finn? Also hot. Possibly hotter. (This may indicate my preference for hazel eyed brown haired men, I don't know.) And McDreamy was right, Finn IS the better man. Which is why Meredith should have chosen him.

Of course, if Meredith had chosen Finn, then she could have lived, like, happily ever after, and then, I guess, there wouldn't be much of a show. So, I guess her choice makes sense in terms of its entertainment value.

So...question for discussion - who would YOU have chosen, were you in Meredith's shoes? Finn or McDreamy? Myself - I'd go with the guy who knows what kind of ice cream I like.

LM

*Why did no one on this show nickname Finn "McDoggy" or "McVet" or something?

10 Comments:

Blogger StorkWatcher said...

I'M ALL ABOUT FINN! I think that was around the time I really started watching Grey's - when Finn was coming onto the scene. I have always thought he was HOT. Yes, McDreamy is sexy and intelligent, but Finn always seemed equally intelligent, and those soft, sweet eyes! A sensitive man. Aaaaahhhh. I'd have chosen him. Definitely. (Plus, I'm an animal lover. And when he let her help deliver a colt, I was smitten!)

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finn all the way! He was a total mountain man, yet sweet. I may be a little partial towards the veterinarians. But even more than that, ummm, he's not married.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finn, a no brainer

There is a blog by the writer

http://www.greyswriters.com/

In the blog one of the main writers shows her hand and says that she does not believe women can have it all. It is family or job; and she had to pick and chose job. It is interesting to know where she is coming from and how she sees the characters, she goes into detail, but a bit of a spoiler.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 12:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finn.

I knew Finn wasn't going to make it, but I hated how he got dumped for McDreamy. I was hoping HE would bow out and leave her in the dust. It would have served her right...selfish little twit! Yeah, Dr. Grey is pretty much my least favorite character in the show that is named after her character.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 1:41:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Finn totally, I agree with the above poster-Mer has always been my least favorite character. McDreamy would be only good for a on night stand.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 6:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with everyone else. But she's a complete masochist (or sadist, perhaps?) as you'll continue to see. But I do think they named him McVet. ;) At least in one episode.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 7:56:00 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

They did call him McVet eventually. And honestly, I'll be in the minority here and go with McDreamy. Just more my flavor, if you will. But in general, objectively, you're totally right.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007 9:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a Finn girl too... I mean McDreamy is 'all that and a bag of chips' but their relationship is so beyond screwy. But then, I really wasn't happy with most of last season, except the awesome trilogy with the ferry crash. Crossing my fingers that this season gets back to the level of the earlier shows.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

McDreamy! Come on, she loves hima and he loves her. They have great chemistry, and hair (unlike Finn!). Who cares if he is married, he doesn't love her anyway. Ok, Finn likes animals, but so does McDreamy and he is just so much more sexy and Finn is just boring!

Saturday, February 28, 2009 9:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
She made the right choice. She and McDreamy have so much chemistry, whereas McVet is just plain dull!
Plus he is ugly (IMO, who cares if Derek is married, it is clearly over with him and Addy. I am aware that they are both pretty f-ed up and I am sure that they will go through some bad bits but it will end up with them sort of happy in a twisted way.
In short:
McDreamy=Sexy, nice hair, cute, DREAMY(!), doctor, bestest stubble ever.
McVet=dull, ugly, vet, boring, stupid hair, stupid facial hair.
I am probably a bit of an emotional masochist also though!

Monday, June 01, 2009 7:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter