Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dirty Sexy Money

I have to tell you, dear readers, that I am loving this new show on ABC.

First of all, it's NAME is DIRTY SEXY MONEY, which, frankly, is such a ridiculously fabulous name for a show that it makes me wish I had thought of it myself.

Secondly, it stars Peter Krause, who played Nate Fisher on Six Feet Under, which is a show, and a character, that I still love. (What's not to love in a truly dark comedy about a dysfunctional family of undertakers?)

Previously, I THOUGHT that it ALSO had the guy who played Cassidy "Beaver" Casablancas on Veronica Mars, and we all KNOW how I feel about Veronica Mars. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. Beaver Casablancas was played by Kyle Gallner (who looks like this ), while the actor who IS on Dirty Sexy Money is named Seth Gabel (who looks like this) - so, I think you can see how a girl who hasn't had quite enough sleep in about 8 years might get confused. Anyway, my point is, even though it doesn't actually star the guy who played Cassidy 'Beaver' Casablancas on Veronica Mars, it stars a guy who looks A LOT like the guy who played Cassidy 'Beaver' Casablancas on Veronica Mars, and that has to count for something, right? Okay...maybe not.

Moving on, the show is just so ridiculously over the top that it rocks. I LOVE it. I looooooooove it. I also love that ABC.COM has it on their website, so that people like me (who maybe do not have an hour from 10 to 11 pm to devote to TV) can watch it at their leisure. I love that feature very much.

Anyway, it's on tonight, on ABC, or on the web (obviously, they don't put new episodes on the web until they have already aired, but, the Pilot and Episode 2 are there for your viewing pleasure right this very minute.)

Happy escapism,
LM

4 Comments:

Blogger Elowyn said...

Geez, Kyle looks 12 in that picture. And fine, you talked me into watching it. Will add it to my mental list of "things to try out online" and I'll tivo an ep or two. All for you, baby. ;)

Gotta go mow the lawn now.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 4:21:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

We are right there with you!! We LOVE that show. Originally we DVR'd it because of the 6ft Under connection but the pilot made us laugh so hard that we had to make it a series recording! Paying Trani-hookers with a check should make anyone laugh!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:03:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love it as well. I am tivo-ing it tonight cause I am beat and need my rest but I love it. The whole premise is just outrageous enough, yet real, and the acting rocks.

LOVE IT!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 9:48:00 PM  
Blogger Rains said...

Dirty Sexy Money is really a nice show!!! Great cast, terrific chemistry among the characters and funny! At its heart, I believe the show does a good job at examining complicated family dynamics, particularly the child and controlling parent relationship, with humor and wit.

Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter