Thursday, November 15, 2007

Random Stream of Conciousness Post

So.....on the night before the one morning since, well, ever - that three local news crews are coming to Lana's school to film a politician reading a story to the children there - I PUT LANA TO BED WITH WET HAIR. She woke up today looking like Medusa. And I couldn't find the the anti-tangle spray. So, I am certain that my daughter is going to be on the local evening news looking like she stuck her hand in a socket.

I had a bad Weight Watchers week last week, but, I am sticking with it. (Three days at my in-laws can kind of derail any healthy eating plan.) I'm sticking with my healty 6-Point lunch, despite the fact that I can smell my secretary's Turkey Bacon Guacamole Quizno's sub from where I am sitting. That's some serious temptation to run down to Quizno's and get one for myself, but, I'M NOT GOING TO. I'm going to eat my kiwi and my satsuma orange and my yogurt and cheese and broccoli. (Incidentally, I have never eaten so many vegetables and fruits in my life!)

I need good advice for how to get all this water that I'm supposed to be drinking....

I was going to write a rant about the fact that it is only the 15th of November and that I am SO NOT READY to hear Christmas carols on the radio yet. But, then, I was in our firm's copy room and one of my favorite Christmas songs came on and I grooved around the copy room and felt happy, so, I'm not going to complain. You can share in my pre-Christmas joy with Boney M's 1978 Reggae Christmas "Classic" here.* (Laugh if you must, I still LOVE it.)

LM

*Incidentally, I had nothing to do with this video - I just wanted to find the song and this was the first thing to come up on youtube.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Good for you for sticking with the diet! I'm holding steady at my weight for the last several weeks and it's really getting old. Matt keeps telling me that I'm not eating enough but I don't have alot of time during the day so I guess I'm going to have to fit something in between my morning coffee and dinner. It's just so hard to do. But now that Quizno's sounds SSOOO good!
If you can find that political reading online....post the video!! I'd love to see her hair!

Thursday, November 15, 2007 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Best bet for downing water is first thing in the morning. I head to the bathroom before anywhere else so I keep a HUGE cup in there and I chug it as best I can. For me, warm works best...not hot and not cold.

Other than that I take full advantage of the 50% of yoru water can come from other (non-caffeinated, if I remember right) sources.

Thursday, November 15, 2007 4:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink 16 ounces of water every time you eat. That's the easiest way I have found. Miss you!

Thursday, November 15, 2007 9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Crystal Light!!!

Monday, November 19, 2007 3:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter