Friday, September 12, 2008

Hot Blooded, Check It and See, Got a Fever of 103*

Actually, it's more like a fever of 100.3. Which sounds very similar "103" but which is statistically (and medically) less significant than a fever of 103, although, in truth, I still feel pretty crappy.

I'm taking a sick day. Ensconced on my couch with the entire series of a brilliant little show called Freaks and Geeks. Evidently it aired sometime in 2000, when I was busy nursing the most sleepless child in America and watching every Law & Order episode ever made at all hours of the day and night. Who knew this little gem of a show was airing? Not me. But, I'm enjoying the heck out of it today. Wrapped up in a blanket, it's raining outside. If I didn't feel like something the cat dragged in I might call it a perfect sick day.

LM

*I believe that Foreigner's Hot Blooded has some of the most misunderstood song lyrics of all time. I admit as a child I thought they were saying, "Hot Blooded, Chicken and Sea, Got a Fever of 103" - which, really, when you think about, makes no sense at all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was "chicken and sea" when I was a kid, too. And I wondered what on earth they were talking about. Hope you feel better soon!

Friday, September 12, 2008 12:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE Freaks and Geeks. I was SO sad when it got cancelled after only one season... sigh.
Get well soon!!

Friday, September 12, 2008 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

First, one of the best shows ever. Second, to entertain you as you load the next DVD...

My association with that song:

In my room when I was a kid, time for bed. That song playing on the radio. Not tired. Wanted to read with my flashlight (bad girl!). Went to my bookshelves, which was a hutch on top of my dresser and which was chock-full of books, bursting at the seams. Began to tug at a book to get it out of the shelves where it is firmly sandwiched between many others. Tug. Tug harder. Bookshelf, not anchored to the wall (pre-earthquake awareness days, in the middle of Indiana), tips towards me. I panic, try to keep it upright. It keeps tilting. Books begin to fall out, showering down on my head. I can't call for help, because my parents will be pissed that I'm out of bed. That song, still playing. Books, still hitting me on my head.

Ah, childhood.

Friday, September 12, 2008 5:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better!
~CB

Friday, September 12, 2008 10:12:00 PM  
Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

I love Freaks and Geeks! Where did you find it?? I hope you're feeling better really soon.

Friday, September 12, 2008 11:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a fan back when it was on TV and I got the discs from Netflix not too long ago. I LOVE THAT SHOW! I thought I was the only one!

Saturday, September 13, 2008 10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

We're just getting over the sickness too. I hope you're feeling better!!!

Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter