Friday, May 05, 2006

Frustrated with the INS...

or rather, USCIS, which is what the INS is calling itself these days.

They have had the check for $685 that I sent them along with my I-600A (petition to adopt a foreign orphan) for three weeks now. (I sent my petition as soon as I had an official, notarized copy of my homestudy).

They still have not cashed it.

I can only assume that since they have not cashed it, they have not begun to process my application.

Arggh!

Daily checking of the mail for news of a fingerprint appointment has evidently been fruitless.

(You would have thought it would have occured to me to check and see if the check had cleared earlier than today. But, quite honestly, it hadn't occured to me until just now...)

LM

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Do you have a contact number or email for your local office? I've been able to email ours with questions and they told me when our appointment letter was mailed out - made the waiting a little less stressful.

Friday, May 05, 2006 4:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter