Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Like a Kick to the Head

I woke up at 5:30 this morning feeling like someone had kicked me in the head. Or, possibly, whacked me in the head with the business end of a hammer.

I stumbled to the bathroom on a desperate quest for Excederin (the headache medicine, of course.) I downed two of those, a glass of water, and two sudaphed (which, thankfully, I am still able to get, even if I have to jump through three hoops, stand on my head, show my driver's license, and double pinky swear to the pharmacist that I will not brew any illegal substances with it). I crawled back in bed for thirty minutes, when the alarm went off, and the silky voice of the NPR reporter might as well have been a Three Six Mafia rap the way it sliced through my skull. Husband thankfully turned the alarm off, and I lay in bed, holding my head for 15 more minutes while he got ready. I could have kissed him for choosing to use his regular razor this morning, as opposed to a quick electric razor shave - I really don't think I could have stood the noise from the electric one this morning.

Eventually I crawled out of bed and drank some coffee, and I think the potent combo of aspirin, acetominophin and caffeine, along with the blessed sudaphed, started to work.

I got in the car, took Gabe to school, and managed to get to my office at any rate. I have to go pretend to be a real lawyer here in a few minutes, though - I'm not sure how well I'm going to pull that off.

I hate sinuses...

LM

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

You have a way with words! I had a hard time this morning too. Diesel woke up at 4 becuase he had peed the bed (we're only on week 3 of potty training- this is only the first middle of the night accident, so we're still in the clear)...he's been battling a nasty eye infection for a couple days and at 4am I notice that my eyes are glued shut. He gave me the infection!! I feel so icky!
You and me...not doing so well today!
:-(

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter