Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Some encouraging news from our agency

Well, my agency called me back with answers to me questions about Tung.

Evidently, he eats "all kinds of things that adults eat" - including pho, rice, meat, and fish, and fish sauce. He is given cheese at dinner time (I am surprised by this - I think cheese is hard to come by in Asia - Amy? Are you reading? Can you confirm this?)

Oh, one of his favorite dishes is "crab soup with crackers".

He reportedly sleeps all through the night and takes two naps during the day, unless he wakes up late, in which case he only takes one nap.

He is vomiting less often, but, he will vomit if he cries very hard, or if the foster mother tries to make him to eat food he doesn't like. (I might vomit too...).

He is very attached to the foster mother and cries if she does not meet his needs.

I am finding all of these things very positive. He really sounds like he is functioning very well, developmentally and socially and motor skills-wise, he's just small. The agency representative stressed that the diagnosis of malnourishment degree 1 does not imply that he has not been fed, only that he has a low weight. She does not believe that he has ever been denied food.

She said it will be six to eight months before we bring him home, if we accept the referral today...assuming 4 to 8 weeks to get the dossier documents together...

Actually, eight months from now would be PERFECT - Husband has two weeks off at the end of the year, since he is a teacher...

I'm starting to feel excited after feeling tied up in knots for so many days...

LM

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I already emailed you privately, but just wanted to say I'm glad you heard back from your agency and that he's eating real foods. What is your hubby thinking now?

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Wow, he sounds positively normal! I think I have a few biokids who sound JUST like him :-) He sounds like he is very emotionally intense which is not a bad thing if you are prepared for it. I think emotionally intense children are one of the best gifts to mothers :-)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter