Monday, April 24, 2006

Feeling Sad

Well, this is the first response I have gotten from a doctor. He has not yet looked over the file, only my email describing the issues. He is supposed to be getting back to me after he looks at the file.

This is what he says, though:

Most children who suffer bacterial meningitis have many sequelae. Adding malnutrition doesn’t bode well. You would likely end up adopting a very special needs child who would require life-long care and assistance.

This is from the same guy who told me that C~ H~ Dung would probably progress well and have few health related issues. I appreciate that he doesn't mince words. His words are just making me sad.

So, um, yeah, I find that pretty depressing. I'm waiting to hear from him again after he reads the file. And from others.

I have just eaten a giant frosted sugar cookie, which I know was a BAD thing to do.

Crap.

LM

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Is this an adoption doctor? I'm just wondering what his experience is with children like this? But yeah, it's not very encouraging news, is it. I'm sorry. Hopefully you can get a clearer picture when the adoption docs look over all the paperwork.

Monday, April 24, 2006 2:12:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Oh man! That's not good news... Let us know what he says after reading the file!

Monday, April 24, 2006 2:16:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

No, he's not an adoption doctor. He's a general practioner who does about three weeks of work for doctors without borders once a year...

So, the good news, I guess, is that he is not an expert, and that he hasn't actually read the file yet. The child just doesn't SOUND like a profoundly special needs child. But, I guess if you are reading an email that says "menigitis in infancy" and "malnutrition" - well, it doesn't sound like a good mix...

Monday, April 24, 2006 2:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter