Friday, July 28, 2006

Small Favors

Miracle of miracles, the documents that the bureaucrats in Lansing told me were "not in their database" and "could not be located" - showed up on my desk this morning in today's mail.*

No, I am not lying.

AND, the document that is on my desk, the employment letter that is notarized and executed the DAY AFTER it was dated, is acceptable to my agency. I just got off the phone with them, I put the document in an overnight envelope, my agency will have it on Monday, so ALL IS WELL.

My agency cannot send my dossier to the Vietnamese embassy until Wednesday anyway, because they need to add some kind of certification from the State of Oregon, which they are requesting today, and expect to receive on Tuesday.

So, that's the news from here.

LM

*can I just add that I hate bureaucrats? ARGH!!

3 Comments:

Blogger RollerCoaster said...

YAY! I am glad everything worked out. This is meant to be...and here's hoping that document from Oregon arrives on time!

Friday, July 28, 2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

Wow, I think that is a bonafide miracle! What great news- your hubby must be so relieved he doesn't have to do that drive again!!

Friday, July 28, 2006 1:14:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

I think he almost doesn't believe it's true - he asked me three times if I was serious. I am just glad that he won't have to go through the headache of going back!

Friday, July 28, 2006 1:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter