Tuesday, December 19, 2006

In Dreams I Walk the Streets of Tokyo

Gabriel is sick. He is a very very sick little boy, with a fever of 104.7 right now. His fever reached 105.2 in the middle of the night. He is mostly in a good mood, very sleepy right now, but, he didn't sleep very well from 2:30 to 5:30 this morning. Possibly because his mother kept shoving the thermometer in his ear every few minutes. I was and am still worried that we are going to end up in the hospital again like last summer - unexplained scary high fever that won't go away...we have a doctor's appointment at 4:00 PM.

When I called his school this morning to tell them he wouldn't be in, the school secretary asked if it was a high fever, and I said, "yes". She said that the first grade had a "bunch" of children out with high fevers. It's sad because today was their last day before Christmas break and Gabe is missing the Holiday party. Poor little guy. :-(

Gabe and I finally fell into a deep sleep about 5:30 this morning. Odd dreams followed.

Last week I had two dreams about meeting Lan for the first time. In one dream she was sitting all alone on a swing in an empty park. I sat down in front of her and she started to cry. In the other dream, when Lan saw David and I, she turned and ran away from us, and suddenly we were chasing her through a crowded subway station in Tokyo. (Specifically, it was Shinjuku station, I'm not sure why that was so clear to me.) She kept running and I lost her in the sea of Japanese business men. I woke up terrified.

In this morning's dreams, I was wandering through the streets of Tokyo, looking for something, but, I didn't know what. I kept trying to ask people for what I was looking for, but, the words wouldn't come out of my mouth. I woke up at 8:30 confused and frustrated.

I find this odd, truly I do. It's been 11 years since I've been to Tokyo, 11 years since we moved back to the US. Until last week, Japan had not been the backdrop of my dreams (remembered ones at any rate) in years. I have no idea what to make of this,

Haunted by Tokyo,
LM

4 Comments:

Blogger RollerCoaster said...

I hope Gabe's fever comes down and he starts feeling better soon! I hope you post an update after the doctor appt. and you are able to get some rest.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is gabe? Lilli came home yesterday afternoon and it's confirmed RSV. I hope he didn't catch anything from the hospital. Poor Guy! Keep me updated I will call you soon-Jami

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

poor Gabe! I will keep him in my prayers (and you too, of course). Hoping he feels better soon, and that he doesn't feel to badly about missing the school party.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Space Mom said...

How is Gabe????

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter