Friday, December 01, 2006

Viral Bronchitis

That's the diagnosis I got from my doctor this afternoon, as I lay in a pathetic heap on the examining table in his office. My fever was only 100.2, but, I still felt like I was certainly dying. Dizzy, aching, coughing, sniffling, and alternately hot and cold. And the coughing - oh the coughing up a lung. I haven't been to work in 2.5 days and have spent enough time coughing on the phone to my assistant that I am sure she must want to kill me. (Question, if you were a legal assistant, would you resent dictation given over the phone interrupted by copious coughing?? Isn't it better over than phone than from the next room where one might be infected by the coughing person??) (I am not suggesting that she DID resent it, just that I am WORRIED that it was an annoying thing for me to do...)

Anyway, the good doctor says I have viral bronchitis and need to spend the next two days sleeping and drinking an ocean of herbal tea. Or lemonade or water or basically anything wet that is caffeine free. He did prescribe a nice heavy duty cough syrup that is supposed to make me sleep alot. And while I was there, he was nice enough to write scripts for Cipro for Husband and I for our trip to Vietnam and an antibiotic for Lan with instructions not to reconstitute it. For those of you who have traveled, what other prescription meds did you take with you? Did you take anything for maleria?

We heard nothing from our agency today, so, I guess we didn't get travel approval in two weeks like some other families. Guess we'll wait and see what next week brings.

LM

8 Comments:

Blogger RollerCoaster said...

If I could, I would make you a nice batch of chicken soup. It always makes me feel better. I am sorry you didn't get word from your agency and I do hope you feel better soon!

Friday, December 01, 2006 8:23:00 PM  
Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

Oh man, how miserable!!! Well, maybe the TA is like labor....it is holding out for you to be healthy?!?! :-) I would prefer the phone-hack,thankyouverymuch :-) Drop me an email when you can.

Friday, December 01, 2006 8:26:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Do big kids have scabies? Cause you might need that and it is a prescrip. We got yeast cream but you shouldn't need that. We have a z-pac for us and cipro. Hum, I guess that is all we got.

I hope you feel better. Coughing sucks cause it keeps you up. Rest and sleep and drink.

Saturday, December 02, 2006 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

oh ick. I hate bronchitis! here's hoping that the heavy duty cough medicine helps. Thinking about ya....

Saturday, December 02, 2006 10:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lilli has bronchiolitis so we are feeling your pain in a different way. Sorry no word yet. I would love to see some recent pictures of Lan. Hope to get together soon! Hello to D and G.

Saturday, December 02, 2006 7:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went on a google search for viral bronchitis and your page came up. I was diagnosed with the very same thing and you have my deepest sympathies. COUGH COUGH COUGH. My newest hobby. I was not prescribed an antibiotic because... I dunno...the doctor loves me and wants to see me again? I too live in a mid sized Midwestern city so maybe we'll run into each other. I'm the woman coughing uncontrollably into her sleeve, kleenex or whatever else....
Good luck and enjoy your codiene! Anne

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a sevvie or a seventh grader. I have viral bronchitis right now. we just went on a cruise a few days ago. I feel a lot better now. my doctor gave me some antibiotics. it's penicillen. it help me a little.

Monday, February 26, 2007 10:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to Vietnam this past Dec/Jan and took Cipro as a precautionary drug..never had to use it. The last trip there, I also went to Cambodia/Angkor and it was suggested that we take malaria drug. I (who is very suseptible to drugs) took Malarone and it was fine; no side effects; like I took nothing! OFF as bug deterrant: I found Repel just as good; it contains lemon and eucalyptus and consumer repts. said it works just as good. I have viral bronc. now and am so frustrated with the coughing also, as I want to be outside and gardening.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 3:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter