Saturday, November 25, 2006

Gah and Argh

I had a big long post ready to go about Thanksgiving and the aftermath, and I tried to use the Blogger spellcheck, and GAH! and ARGH! BLOGGER ATE MY POST. Darn blogger. Bad bad blogger. Grrr.

Suffice it to say, turkey was consumed in vast quantities. Also mashed and sweet potatoes, dressing, biscuits, and the like. Parade-watching occurred. Mocking of parade-watching occurred (Husband does not enjoy watching the parade - I don't understand! Who doesn't love the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade??) Shopping happened. LOTS of shopping happened.

Shoes were purchased for Lana. At 60% off, no less. So, Lana is now the proud owner of a pair of size 9.5 (narrow) Mary Janes from Stride Rite for only $14.99. The sales clerk at Stride Rite was very helpful with measuring the outlines of Lana's feet for me. Another mother in the Stride Rite store overheard my conversation with the clerk and came over and squeezed my arm and said, "We adopted our daughter from the Ukraine several years ago. It's the most wonderful decision we ever made. Good luck to you!" Her eyes got all teared up and she said, 'I'm gonna cry, I have to go."

We are back at home after three days away, and I need to make some semblance of sanity of my house, so, I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

LM

5 Comments:

Blogger maxhelcal said...

Isn't it wonderful!??? Adoption somehow bonds people together....you rarely have another "regular" mother come up to you with tears in her eyes sayng how wonderful it is and connecting with you...it's just something you have to experience and you soon will!!! When you finally come home and your daughter adjusts....you will KNOW what I mean and someday, maybe you will hear a mom in the shoe store and you will be the one with the tears in your eyes approaching her. :-)

I am so happy for you Gretchen!

~Michelle

Saturday, November 25, 2006 11:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

if it had been me at Stride Rite, she would not have been the only one crying. wow. its amazing how you can run into random people who have an "adoption link."
got pics of those cute shoes???

Sunday, November 26, 2006 4:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just the sweetest thing - your Stride Rite adoption friend - what a great bit of encouragement for you.
BTW - I also LOVE the Macy's parade. We watched it on our big screen this year - so cool!

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:16:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

We watch the parade every year, too. It's a tradition and I love it!

What a sweet shoe shopping moment. Shoe shopping is pretty great on its own...that just makes it even better! :)

Monday, November 27, 2006 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Carma said...

I didn't even get a chance to listen to R complain about the parade due to baking and more baking. I want to be little again.

I love your shoe story.

Monday, November 27, 2006 10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter