Thursday, June 21, 2007

What SHE said...

I've been very upset lately about something I read on another person's blog. (I not read normally read this person's blog, I do not link to her blog, and I am pretty sure I couldn't find said blog again if I tried.)

But, essentially, the writer of the blog was offered the opportunity to pay more money to bring home a baby from Vietnam faster. And her response was essentially (and I am paraphrasing, not quoting), "if God has opened this door for us, we should pay the money and walk through it. God is so wonderful to give us this option." And MY response to that line of thinking is:

God does not open doors that cost extra money to walk through.

If someone is saying, "you can go this route for your adoption, and wait this long with everyone else who is desperate for a baby, OR, you can pay us MORE MONEY that is not mentioned in our contract and bring home a younger baby, more quickly" - guess what is opening that door? Folks, it's not God. It's GREED.

And while I feel like I could rant and rave about it at length, I don't have to. Because my girl, Mrs. Broccoli Guy, has evidently been living inside my head, and she has said it all quite elequantly. So, please go read what she has to say:

http://mrsbroccoliguy.wordpress.com/2007/06/20/accountibility-a-soapbox-post/

5 Comments:

Blogger thecurryseven said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! I love your line "This is greed, not God". I would also add, that this is a bribe, plain and simple. And at least from my reading of the Bible, God does not really like bribes.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wait, what you said! EXACTLY the kind of thing that sent me off the deep end last night!! (thanks for the shout-out, by the way!)
~C

Thursday, June 21, 2007 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Irshlas said...

I couldn't agree more! I also read Mrs. B's post, just this afternoon, and LOVED it. And APs don't understand why the general public has negative things to say about international adoption? Gee,I wonder why? It's sad when parents leave their ethics at the door. How will they ever explain this to their children?

Thursday, June 21, 2007 7:14:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Oh, so well said - and I'm glad I found your post, as I have a clearer understanding now of what prompted Mrs B's post. What a load of hooey - I haven't found that blog myself, yet, but that kind of foolishness is bound to keep me up tonight if I see it for myself.

Friday, June 22, 2007 12:35:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Read that blog but have no idea where it is again either. And I am wondering if it is another blogger out there as I have seen this a few times before. And I can't believe that these people are soo naive with their heads in the sand and not thinking that this is an issue? Where is that money going? DUH. Do we need a fee schedule or what?

My lord...god doesn't want you to pay more for things! I love hiding behind god as the excuse.

Friday, June 22, 2007 8:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter