Thursday, January 17, 2008

Random Frap*

  1. I am seeing the neuro-opthamalogist today at 3:30. I hope it goes well.
  2. I have to be in housing court every day this week. That sucks.
  3. I have started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer during my treks on the treadmill. So far, it hasn't quite sucked me in the way Veronica Mars or Alias or Grey's Anatomy did, but, it's good enough to keep me coming back. As an added plus, it has David Boreanaz, who, well, he's no McDreamy, but, he's not hard to look at. (Although, he's starring on Bones, now, so, maybe we can collectively refer to him as McBony? Or would that be all kinds of wrong?)
  4. Speaking of Alias, I'm partway through Season 4, but, somehow Netflix keeps sending me the disks in the wrong order, so, I'm taking a short break from it. Also...what happened to the Vaughn-Sydney chemistry in Season 4? I've seen more passion in a fish tank than they seem to have on-screen?
  5. And speaking of Veronica Mars (stop reading if you haven't finished watching Season 3), I have just finished watching Season 3 (it was a gift from Husband for Christmas) - and I am just scratching my head and wondering if Rob Thomas (the guy who produced VM, not the guy from Matchbox 20) was smoking crack the last half of the season? Because, seriously, Logan would not have slept with Madison. I could probably write a whole essay about this and bore you all to tears, but, the point is, that character's development over the first 2 seasons - he's a serial monogamist with serious mommy issues. His break-up with Veronica in episode 9 is totally a cry for her attention. I just don't buy that he would sleep with Madison. A total stranger, yes, but, not Madison. And Veronica - WOULD NOT HAVE ERASED LOGAN'S DRUNKEN VOICEMAIL MESSAGE. She would have TOLD him she erased it, but, not actually erased it. She's WAY too curious to have just erased the message like she did. Despite my feeling that somebody dropped the ball on 7 of the last 8 episodes, I loved the show. And I firmly believe that what should have followed the final scene of the last episode is Veronica leaving the voting booth and going to the Grand to jump Logan's bones. After which she would have marched her ass to Jake Kane and told him to make sure the election came out with her dad on top, or else the secrets of every capitalist in the free world would be all over TMZ.com.
  6. I am loving the music of Amos Lee. Check him out, cause he's awesome. I am particularly loving the title track from newest album, Supply and Demand, but, I cannot find a good video for it at Youtube. So sad, because it is so so so good and I wish I could share it with you.
  7. Also, this week, I am obsessively listening to Brandi Carlile's Have You Ever and Shakira's Te Dejo Madrid. (The Shakira video is extremely cheesy, but, I love the song. I don't even know what's she's saying, except that, evidently, she is leaving Madrid.) I warned you I was musically schizophrenic.
  8. I am reading the newest YA novel from British author Louise Rennison , Love is a Many Trousered Thing, and, as all the other books before it, it makes me laugh very hard. If only I could write the journal of a self-absorbed teenage girl and turn it into such a hilarious best seller, I could stop tromping to housing court in the freezing cold.

That's all.

LM

*Frap is my new favorite expletive. I totally stole it from Mrs. Broccoli Guy's four year old son, Zeeb.

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I hope your doctor appt goes well. I am an admitted Buffy nut, so I say keep on watching! And yes Angel McBony is HOT. Is it weird that him being a vampire makes him even hotter? 'Cause it does for me.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

Garner & Vartan were dating, and broke up. There goes yer chemistry. Oh, and I loved Buffy & Angel.

Hey - am putting up a blog post that needs your input (re VN adoption) - please to come read and comment.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

Oh, and you're totally right about Logan&Madison and Veronica with the voicemail. I think there was a little too much ganja (and a little too much "we're getting cancelled" stress) in the writer's room.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee, I love that Zeeb's word is catching on. :-)

Hope your neuro appt went well - I just know you're going to have a story to share with us, hope it has a very happy ending! (as in, and they solved the problem and I am all better and I will live happilyeveryaftertheend!)

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:03:00 PM  
Blogger BigOrangeDog said...

So what did you ever decide to do about "Big Love"?

You're going to like Buffy. It gets better and better as the seasons go on. It took me a while to get into it (and I never thought I would -- totally not my style), but I was upset when it ended. My husband has been a fan from the beginning, but I kid him that it's just because he likes little teenage girls (we have a 22-yr age difference....) ;-)

Jen

Thursday, January 17, 2008 8:12:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

I've never watched or even heard of VM, so take this with a grain of salt. But, though one of my childhood nicknames was Elephant's Child (because of my 'nsatiable curiosity), I love erasing voicemails without listening to them. Especially very, very important ones. Because it gives me a control over my world that, otherwise, is unaccountably lacking.

Monday, January 21, 2008 10:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter