Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Get Ready, Cuz This Sh*t's About to Get Heavy*

Or maybe it's not. At least not here.
I have spent the last five days dwelling on the situation regarding adoptions from Vietnam to the United States. There are a lot of people who have spoken very eloquently about it. Among them are Elaine, Kelly, Nicki, Nicole (click on "Blog" and then "The Sad State of Things), and Laura. There is also quiet a heated discussion happening at Voices for Vietnam Adoption Integrity.


I've been writing a post in my head, for five days, in which I "get heavy." But I cannot do it. I don't have it in me. I cannot contemplate this situation anymore without losing my mind. So, please, I know it's a cop out, but, I have nothing more to add than what has already been said by Elaine, Kelly, Nicki, Nicole and Laura.

So, I'm just going to raise my glass in their general direction and say,

"Ditto. "

and

"What they said."

That's all I've got, folks.
LM
*Eminem, Guess Who's Back

4 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

And I win the lame contest, because all I'VE got is "ditto, what she said" to your "ditto, what they said." It just sucks, plain and simple.

Don't apologize, though; you do more than your fair share of thought-provoking and insightful blogging. I aspire to reach your level once I can drag myself out of the day-to-day mom blogging I seem to be defaulting to right now.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

I'm with you. I'm honored that you included me in that list but I cannot say that I added a whole lot to the discussion. I really wish that I had the time to be actively involved. I'm thinking of joining PEAR (www.pear-now.org).

BTW: Here is the actual address for my blog: http://web.mac.com/fortrobinson/iWeb/Site%206/Blog/Blog.html

The other address is just Domain-Masking. I like to fake it. haha


~Nicole

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 9:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Gretchen. This whole situation is so overwhelming that it's hard to even think straight. I'm still doing a lot of dwelling myself, although I'm trying to move past that. I think it's going to take quite a while for me to sort all of this out in my mind, so I have to stop trying to analyze 24/7. It actually woke me up several times last night. Pretty much sucks in so many ways.

Thursday, May 01, 2008 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger S. said...

Hanging my head and saying "ditto" to Melissa's ditto of your ditto...but I really have a very good excuse...if I turn my back to blog for 5 seconds...wait I'm going to go put my excuse on my own blog. But it is overwhelming in every way...

Sunday, May 04, 2008 8:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter