Monday, February 06, 2006

4.8 pounds less than four weeks ago

I don't think I have the energy to post about Dung today. All I can say is this: I have turned in every piece of paper, and answered every question asked of me, and now it is up to them to decide if Dung is coming home to our family or not. And if the decision is no, it only means that they will look for a child who is a better fit for our family.

That seems like such a huge "if" that I cannot really think about it right now. We answered honestly. That's all we can do. Our priest, Father Paul, had some words of advice for me about it yesterday, which were: "You must pray. You must pray alot. And what you must pray for is this - that God will bring to that child the RIGHT family for that child. You must not ask for what you want, you must listen and hear what God is saying to you. If you are meant to be this child's mother, he will come to you. But, if another mother is meant to be this child's mother, he will go to her. You need to be at peace with that."

He is so calm and level headed.

I wish I could be. He is right. I know he is right. And if some other mother is going to raise my Dung, so be it.

Moving on, I have now lost 4.8 pounds on weight watchers. This is an average of 1.2 pounds per week.

Which doesn't, at first, feel like a huge accomplishment. However, if I can keep up this level of accomplishment for 12 more weeks, I will have lost 19 pounds. And if I keep it up for six months, I will have lost nearly 30 pounds. If I do that, I will be back to the size I was in COLLEGE. And, I have to say, I think I looked pretty damn fine at that weight.

So, six months of losing 1.2 pounds per week. I can do it. I CAN DO IT.

Besides, thinking about counting points gives me something to concentrate on while I am NOT thinking about adopting Dung. (Aside from the other topic which I use to occupy my mind, which is: how to get Gabe and I to the next level on Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 for Nintendo. Which, I am ashamed to say, sometimes occupies my mind when I should be thinking about really important things, like, my clients' divorces!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Space Mom said...

Congrats on the weight loss! You can do it. It does go slow!

I think your priest has some good thoughts.

Goiod luck with Dung and may the right thing happen

Monday, February 06, 2006 3:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter