Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Rant against meth addicts

My head is one big ball of snot. I'm not kidding. A big ol' ball of goopy snot and I feel like a steaming pile of poodle poo.

Attempts to purchase Sudaphed at the grocery store were made difficult by the fact that one must ASK THE PHARMACIST for a box of this now precious commodity. And the pharmacist then encourages me to use Sudafed PE, which, instead of pseudophedrine, contains phenylephrine. Now, they may both be long names that start with the letter "P" but, in my experience, that is where the similarity ends. Because Sudafed PE? Yeah, it SUCKS. I might as well swallow sugar pills for all it does.

Okay, so, in my quest to get actual pseudophedrine, I look at the pharmacist and I say, "really, who are you kidding? That stuff doesn't actually work on actual stuffy noses." The pharmacist shrugged and handed me a box of real Sudaphed from behind the counter, which cost $4.64. I said, "don't you have a store brand?" And he says, "No, we don't make the store brand anymore. We have store brand of the PE." I frown at the pharmacist and ask for another precious box. He says, you can buy two boxes, but, I have to see your I.D.

My I.D. !!! I had to hand over my driver's license to lay my hands on two boxes of SUDAFED.

Why? Why torment a woman with a massive head cold in this fashion?

Evidently one can manufacture SPEED with pseudophedrine if one "cooks" it with fertilizer and some other ingrediant. So, in order to prevent meth addicts from doing this, states are making it VERY ANNOYING and DIFFICULT to lay hands on pseudophedrine.

So, basically, the meth freaks have given me a big headache. To which I say a big "up yours" to meth freaks everywhere. You are making it hard for me to treat my cold. I hate it when a couple jerks rain on everybody else's head colds...

That's all for now,
Law Mommy

4 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Count your lucky stars that you don't live in Oregon, like I do, where now you have to have an RX (!!) for ALL drugs that can be used to manufacture Meth. You'll curse then and then again when the Meth addicts are breaking into your car and stealing Christmas presents like they did to me last year. Meth addicts suck; what a drain on public resources!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 2:02:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

I'm sorry about your cold and right there with you ticked at the Meth addicts. I tried to buy CHILDRENS sudafed and our Safeway doesn't even carry the chewable form anymore (even in the pharmacy) because he said it's too much of a hassle. Great, so because of some druggies, my kids don't get cold relief? That is just wacked.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:37:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

Oh, that just frosts my cookies! I cannot find Triaminic chewables with pseudophedrine in them either and it makes me crazy. Gabe hates the liquid stuff!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 3:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am right up there with Nicole and Matt. I too live in Oregon and had to go to the doctor who then insisted I have lab work done BERFORE he would call in a prescription for me. Meth heads BLOW!

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 11:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter