Monday, March 20, 2006

And the Eleventh Commandment Is...

Thou Shalt Not Covet Asian Children in Grocery Stores

My Husband and Gabe and I stopped in Ann Arbor yesterday on the way home from visiting my in-laws in suburban Detroit, in order to go grocery shopping at Trader Joe's.

Trader Joe's being an awesome grocery store which we do not have in Northwest Ohio because, um, sometimes NW Ohio sucks.

Anyway, it was Sunday at Trader Joe's in Ann Arbor, so, of course if was busy, and of course there were several Asian children there, one with an actual Asian family and the others with their adopted parents.

Really, it is too sad that I am desperate to talk to these other adoptive parents and I want to throw myself at them and ask things, like, 'What agency did you use?' and "What country is he/she from?" and "How long did you wait for him/her?" and "Can I take him home with me? Just for a few days?" - Okay, granted the first several questions would probably NOT cause the adoptive parents to want to have me committed or arrested, but, surely the last one would!!

We spent the weekend with my husband's parents and brother and sister-in-law and their children.

As we were driving away yesterday, I turned to my husband and said, "I think that there are enough crazy people in your family and my family to fill more than one book." And he said, "No doubt about it. But At least none of them are crazy in ways that we have to check any boxes on any family history forms."

Okay, so, they've never been committed or diagnosed with schizophrenia, but, some of them are crazier than shithouse rats and there is no way around it.

In-laws are still not terribly excited about the adoption.

Although my mother-in-law did mention getting rid of the twin bed in the room where Gabe sleeps and putting in a futon that would sleep two children. So, I have to take that as at least a positive sign.

The computer issues have not been entirely resolved, and in fact, S., my wonder-secretary, is without her computer entirely, so, I am going to vacate mine so that she can get some actual work done.

More later,
Law Mommy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter