Monday, March 13, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

I had an actual date with my husband Friday night.

You may recall we were supposed to go out for Vietnamese food.

Which didn't actually happen on account of my husband not being up for that, stomach-wise.

We ended up having dinner at the same place our wedding reception was held, though it is now called Gianno's, and, at the time of our wedding it was called The Chadwick Inn.

So, it was nice and romantic to eat dinner at the same place we got married - and we wondered if the third floor "inn" section of the building was still haunted.

We figured it was. I don't imagine ghosts move out when the owner of the restaurant on the first floor changes hands.

The "inn" portion of the building has been closed to guests for many decades. Allegedly, because of the ghosts. It doesn't look like the new owners have any intention of opening it back up.

After having dinner, we went to see a performance of the musical "Thoroughly Modern Millie" - which was excellent and enjoyed much by both of us.

Saturday morning I went to my Weight Watcher meeting, where I got the happy news that I had dropped an additional 2.2 pounds (I didn't go to WW last week, due to throwing the birthday party and the baby shower). So, it was good to see that I had kept up the average of more than 1 pound per week.

We are three weeks away from leaving for our vacation to Jamaica, so, I have promised myself I would work out every day until then. I did work out last night, so, so far, I have not broken this promise. We shall see how it goes!

The best part about my weekend was getting away all day Saturday and most of Sunday with two of my best Girlfriends, for a girl's weekend of shopping and hanging out in Frankenmuth, Michigan.

I met in C. after my WW meeting on Saturday morning, and we drove up to Frankenmuth, where we met up with H.

We shopped and ate good food and sat in the hotel hot tub and did pedicures and laughed and talked and laughed and talked. (Imagine three Girlfriends, sitting on the side of the hotel bathtub with our flannel pajama pants rolled up to our knees, soaking our toes in peppermint foot soak and laughing our heads off.)

And all I can say is, there is nothing like Girlfriends, especially the ones we can be truly comfortable with and talk about anything with and be seen by in our oldest jammies and worst morning face, who still love us. To have Girlfriends like these, is to be truly blessed.

All told, I couldn't have asked for more perfect weekend - romantic date, lost weight, Girlfriend getaway....ahhh...

Happy Law Mommy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Rock!!! That sounds like one great weekend! Which plan on WW are you doing just out of curiosity...a few women I work with are doing it. I thought it might make losing the vacation pounds a little easier :)

Monday, March 13, 2006 5:44:00 PM  
Blogger LawMommy said...

I am using the "points" system, as opposed to the Core system. The reason is I feel too "constricted" by Core. But, both plans work - my friend K. lost 80 pounds using Core.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 12:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I will go with my co-worker next week and check it out. Thanks!

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 1:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter