Thursday, March 23, 2006

Pistachio Cake

My birthday is Saturday. I am going to be 34, er...29 - again.

As in tradition in our office, my secretary has brought in my favorite treat - her pistachio bundt cake with pistachio whipped cream topping.

She is awesome.

(In case you are wondering, yes, I do bake for my secretary's birthday. We each take turns, baking for the person you work most closely with, when it is their birthday. It's a friendly little office tradition. There's only eight of us here, we have to keep amused somehow.)

Oh, and the reason for the cake today, instead of tomorrow, is that I have to be at a ridiculous CLE (continuing legal ed.) seminar tomorrow, which is required by the State, regarding the perils of abusing pain killers and alcohol whilst practicing law. (I am pretty sure abusing pain killers and alcohol while doing ANYTHING is not a great idea. But, the state says I have to go sit through a seminar about it. All I can say is, at the very least, they better have good donuts and decent coffee.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter