Thursday, April 13, 2006

I would like to take a moment to whine

Per the instructions of our agency, now that we are homestudy approved, I am submitting my I600A form. This is a petition to adopt a foreign orphan.

Despite the fact that I live, literally, on the state line (I could throw a stone from my backyard, the stone would land in Michigan), and despite the fact that it is a one hour and 10 minute drive to Detroit from my homes, and despite the fact that my husband is from Detroit and we both have a clue how to get around downtown Detroit - will the immigration department allow us to be fingerprinted in Detroit?

No. No, of course not. Nor will they allow us to be fingerprinted in Columbus, a city that I least KNOW how to get around.

No, I have to go to Cleveland to get my fingerprints done. Cleveland is at least a 2.5 hour drive from my house. I've only been there twice in my life. (Okay, yes, it is ironic that I have been to Tokyo several more times than I have been to Cleveland.)

The one good thing about this is that my girlfriend J. from college lives in Cleveland, so, hopefully, I will be able to to catch up with her when we go to be fingerprinted.

Okay, I am done complaining now.

LM

1 Comments:

Blogger Stepping On Legos said...

This is not a bad thing - if you had to go through Detroit's BCIS office, you'd be looking at a 3-4 month wait for approval. NOT FUN. I'd take the drive to Cleveland for fingerprinting over the dysfunction of Michigan BCIS any day!

Friday, April 14, 2006 1:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter