Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Tam

First, I want to say to my readers, if you don't want to read about things that are sad and political and possibly controversial, that are not related to Vietnam adoptions, do not read the post below (the one called 9/11).

Anyway, that said, my agency is, as we speak, sending me the file of a 4.5 year old boy. His name is T~H~ Tam. I am not getting my heart set on this child. He is a waiting child and another family already has his file.

So, I am being calm, cool, and collected. I will not fall in love with this child.

They also wanted to send me the file on a 2.5 year old Chinese girl, who is deaf, has cleft lip and palate, missing an ear, and has a blood related syndrome. I felt overwhelmed by this description. We had told them we would accept a deaf child who was developmentally on target. We had told them we would accept a child with a correctable defect such as cleft lip. But, I said, quite honestly, I don't think I am ready to parent that child. She told me she appreciated my honesty, and that I should consistently be honest - not to accept a child I am not prepared for.

So, we will see what Tam's file says. He is at the outer limits of our age range. On the other hand, it was save us a bundle in pre-school tuition. ;-) (Trying to keep things light and not get my heart broken again!)

LM

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

That sounds great! I do agree with you about the little girl from China. We had a similar invitation for a child from Guatemala but we didn't feel as though it would be fair to Diesel to take on such a special need.
You're smart not to get too attached to Tam since another family has his file as well. I have my fingers crossed for you though! Keep us updated!!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 7:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter