Tuesday, August 01, 2006

What the heck is wrong with me?

I said the rudest thing yesterday and I just can't believe it came out of my mouth.

Conversation between Lawmommy (LM) and Across the Street Neighbor (ASN)

LM: Hey A~! How are feeling?

ASN: Lousy, it's so hot and I feel so huge.

LM: When is that baby due?

ASN: September 11.

LM: Errrrrr.....um....ewwww. (Lawmommy makes pained sad face). Maybe he'll come a day or so early.

ASN: Um...maybe. I've got to go back inside, it's too darn hot out here.

I CANNOT BELIEVE I actually made an "eeewwwwwwwwww" sound when told of her due date. What is WRONG with me?

And now I am worried that she thinks I made an eewwww sound because I think she is so huge she doesn't look like she has six more weeks to go, when, in fact, I made the eeeeeewwww sound because, well, what an unfortunate birth date to have...

I'm going to remind myself not to open my mouth again without thinking...ever.

LM

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

OMG! Is it wrong that I'm laughing really hard right now?!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger RollerCoaster said...

OK. I am laughing, too, but we all suffer from foot in mouth disease once in a while...if it will make you feel better, send her a generic card with a coupon for an ice cream so she can beat the heat as a peace offering...

*snort* *giggle* I am sorry....I know people who have said worse....me being one of them....

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:56:00 AM  
Blogger Butterflyfish said...

Not as bad as what people say to my sister -- she (unlike me) is a very thin. But now she's like 5 months pregnant, and looks it. So ofcourse, her sensitive coworker, friends, and strangers say things like, "shit, you're due in November, you look like you could go any minute!" "So, having twins, right? no? oh, my bad..."

BTW -- I didn't know there was another Lawmommy out there. You seem to have had the name first. Sorry!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter