Friday, February 09, 2007

Mish Mash

Astronaut Love Triangle:

So, I had a post rolling around in my head about the female astronaut embroiled in a love triangle who evidently went OVER THE DEEP END and assaulted (and maybe had intentions to kill) a romantic rival. But, Spacemom has far more understanding of the situation and go read her take on it:

http://spacemom.typepad.com/the_further_adventures_of/2007/02/so_you_want_to_.html

Anna Nicole Smith:

Is dead. Does anyone else find this story really really bizarre, or is it just Anna Nicole's life that has been bizarre? I really like Anna Nicole when she was modeling for Guess? in the 90s - because I loved that she had boobs and hips and wasn't a stick insect and everyone thought she was sexy as hell (because she was). So, as a girl with hips and boobs myself in the 90s (and, um, even more boobs and hips in the '00s) I cheered for models with boobs and hips...anyway, I just think the whole situation is...odd.

Progress at home:

This morning, totally unprovoked by me, Gabriel kissed his sister and told her he loved her before he got on the bus this morning. Lana kissed him back. Very very cute.

Lana cried for 5 minutes before falling asleep last night. Hurray for sleep. Gabriel slept in his own bed last night! Hurray for sharing my bed with just Husband. (What a novel concept!)

Work:

An attorney on the other side of one of my cases full-on LIED to the judge in a hearing yesterday. I mean, a bold, bald-faced LIE. And that lie resulted in a two-week continuance of the hearing. Which I will ultimately win, but, I am so angry I want to strangle that attorney. WE TAKE AN OATH. WE TAKE AN OATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We take an oath and HE VIOLATED IT. HE LIED TO THE JUDGE. I want to spit on his shoes. Seriously. How can he LIE TO THE COURT when he has raised his hand in front of GOD AND EVERYONE AND THE SUPREME COURT OF OHIO and promised not to do that??

You know what?

When an attorney testifies in a court of law in the State of Ohio, he doesn't have to take an oath.

YOU KNOW WHY?

Because we have ALREADY TAKEN AN OATH that we will always tell the truth in court. BECAUSE THAT IS PART OF OUR JOB AND PART OF OUR CALLING AS LAWYERS. And yesterday, that lawyer made all lawyers look bad. Because he violated his oath.

I am incensed about this, and I cannot prove that he lied (because I do not tape conversations I have with opposing counsel although perhaps I SHOULD) and I want to grieve him or strangle him or both...and I cannot. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

More later,
LM

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new family! Your blog cracks me up! You are hilarious...and such a good mommy!
Hope to see you guys soon,
Miss you,
Cat

Friday, February 09, 2007 8:16:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Broccoli Guy said...

bloglines isn't picking up your new posts! grr, I shall have to fix that...

Anyhoo... I'm just sad for Anna Nicole and her baby. So many bad choices and shallow friends...

Hooray for sibling love and good sleep!!!! SO happy for you.

GRR to the lying attorney. But glad to know it's unusual enough to get you really riled up!

Sunday, February 11, 2007 2:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter