Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year everyone!

Last night was the first New Year's Eve since 1999 that we didn't ring in the new year with our friends M&R. We were a little sad about that, but, they had the opportunity to spend 4 days in Paradise, and, I can't say as I blame them for leaving us. We did miss them, though!

We spent last night at my sister and brother-in-law's house, with their five kids, my brother, his wife and their little girl, my mom and step-dad, and some friends of my sister, so, all told, there were 9 kids and 10 adults at the party. We had a really great time playing some games, and watching the ball drop at midnight. But, for future reference:

sushi+beer+cheese fondue+raspberry stoli&7UP+ice cream sundae+mudslide+champagne&raspberry liquor = sick lawmommy

I mean, obviously, I didn't consume all of those things at once. Obviously, I consumed those things over the course of the evening between 6:00 PM and midnight. I think what I am saying is, don't mix sushi with beer, stoli, and champagne, all together. Add in a touch of pre-travel anxiety - suffice it to say I am moving slow today. We slept at my sisters, which was our plan all along, since we never drive on New Year's Eve if it can possibly be avoided. Not a person in the household woke up before 11 AM. Which was good. Very very good.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy celebration,
LM

5 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

I'm glad you had a good new year. We lounged and did nothing. It was great. Hey, have you checked out my LJ lately?? If you have the time you know, between packing and getting ready to meet your daughter for the first time, you should do that. :-)

Monday, January 01, 2007 10:43:00 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Sounds like a great night.
Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you as you prepare to travel and will be "following" you all the way.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 7:18:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Happy New Year! Been enjoying your blog for quite some time now. I look forward to hearing about your trip to meet your daughter.

Stephanie

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 8:10:00 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Happy New Year! Just reading that combo makes me a little squeasy.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 9:34:00 AM  
Blogger RollerCoaster said...

I wanted to stop by and wish you the best of luck with your upcoming travels! May your trip be uneventful (other than meeting Lana)! Glad the new year started off right for you (LOL) and hope it is a sign of good things to come!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 1:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter