Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I need to go walk on a beach somewhere

It's that time of year when my whole body longs for the beach, when I would normally be gearing up for spring break someplace warm and covered with palm trees. And there is no beach to be had.

I realize how incredibly petty and silly this is, to be depressed about this.

We've been incredibly lucky with how well Lana is transitioning - truly we are. My issues with Lana, for the most are MY ISSUES. She is attached to Husband and Gabriel, and is beginning, by bits and pieces, to attach to me, and it is unreasonable to ask for more than that at this point.

She could be curled up in a ball in a fetal position smacking her head repeatedly against the floor. Instead she is giving us a hard time about pedaling her new Barbie Princess bike. That's her biggest issue - not pedaling. She's not stupid, so, we figure, you know, eventually, she'll give in and start to pedal.

She eats, she sleeps (mostly), she loves her pre-school, she plays with her cousins, her English improves every day. What more could we ask for?

Evidently, I could ask for the beach. I can't have it (not this year anyway.) But, I can ask.

But, the answer is still no. No beach for me.

Sad and melancholy in the midwest,
LM

3 Comments:

Blogger maxhelcal said...

Gretchen,

How funny, I live by the beach and I hate the beach! I dislike the feeling of the sand in my shoes or in my bathing suit. I always have visons of sharks in the water and I am not comfortable in a bathing suit these days so I would be sweating like crazy wearing a large cover-up or something. I prefer the privacy of my back yard pool. Good thing since we can't afford a beach vacation either right now! :-)

~Michelle

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I know just how you feel! Is there an indoor pool or another swimming option close by? Sometimes swimming can solve problems even if unaccompanied by the beach. If that doesn't work, maybe you all need a quick getaway somewhere close. A change of scenery does us all some good in these waning months of winter.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 1:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I swear, we are sharing a brain today! I was just thinking how badly I need to get away to someplace warm and sandy... this winter has been too darn long and stressful. We have a San Diego trip next month but I wanna' go right now!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter