Thursday, May 17, 2007

Lydia??

This morning, for no reason that I can even begin to fathom, I called Lana, "Lydia".

At 8:43 this morning, the following sentence came out of my mouth:

"Lydia, put your shoes on, we need to get in the car."

This caused both of us to stop and look quizically around. Me, because it occured to me that I had just called my daughter Lydia, and Lana, because, well, her name isn't Lydia.

I don't even KNOW anyone NAMED Lydia. I don't think I've EVER known anyone named Lydia. I do kind of enjoy that scene in The Fisher King where Michael Jeter's character sings "Lydia the Tatooed Lady" to Amanda Plummer's character. But, it's been, like, four years since I last watched that movie. Even though I own it. Sad.)

Once, a long time ago, I had a cat named Lydia. For two days. (Her name was Lydia for two days. Then we decided it didn't fit her and renamed her Kashi. Then we decided she didn't fit US and we gave her to our friend Wendy. Who pampered her until her untimely death from feline leukemia a few years ago. Hi, Wendy.)

Anyway, I have no clue why I did that.

Also, when I dropped Lana off at school, I started to write July 17 on her drop off sheet. And it's only May. It's possible I'm losing my mind.

_________________________________________________

I'm totally depressed and sad that the crap network that is the CW is not renewing Veronica Mars. I've only recently discovered (via watching Seasons 1 and 2 on DVD courtesy of Netflix) what a great, funny and well-written show this is, and WHACK. It gets cancelled. I'm bad luck like that for shows. I'm like a TV show killer. Seriously. As soon as I start to love them? They get the ax. I am not kidding when I say I am bad juju for intelligent television. Oh, what? You want example??

Dead Like Me? Cancelled. Arrested Development? Cancelled. Brimstone? Cancelled. Queer as Folk? Well, first it jumped the shark in the middle of season three, and held on for a while, AND then it was cancelled. (I mean, REALLY, did anybody buy Ted Schmidt as a drug addict? Because I did NOT.) There are others, I'm sure.

________________________________________________

I have more to say and no time to say it. Such is my life right now.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am slightly amused by your "Lydia" story. It's odd how our brain misfires occasionally. Plus we almost gave Ava the name Lydia, so it gave me a chuckle.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:12:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

No more gilmore, no more arrested, no more veronica. Sucks. There is literally only like 2 shows to watch!

Lydia...I don't know about that.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lydia huh? Sounds like an interesting nickname that she'd never be able to explain. LOL. I'm forever calling my kids by the wrong names (even throw in the dog's name every now and then!)

and yes, you do have a lot going on. give yourself lots of grace.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:58:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Lydia is my nickname (because of Lydia the tattooed lady)...you were just thinking of me! And my birthday is just 9 days after July 17th. It's divine. :-)

Thursday, May 17, 2007 7:49:00 PM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

Oh, that is so funny! I am constantly calling kids by the wrong name but they are at least an existing name in our household! Hahaha! Hmmmm....do you think she should be a Lydia? It is a beautiful name and it could give her a fresh american start!

Anyway, sorry about your TV show...I don't know much about TV these days except for the show "HEROES". I LOVE that show and they are ending it! {{SOB}}

Hiro Nakamura is my favorite character:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiro_Nakamura

~Michelle

Friday, May 18, 2007 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger S. said...

I have called M. "Laura"--but I know that is because we have been reading the Little House books for months...

Also, I have occasionally filled out forms with a phone number from several moves ago.

The Lydia thing is kinda strange, but you aren't alone!

Friday, May 18, 2007 11:08:00 PM  
Blogger LaLa said...

Hmmmm...could you be looking toward another daughter named Lydia born on July 17th??

Sunday, May 20, 2007 3:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter