Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Random Things for a Tuesday Morning

Thing I didn't know about my daughter:

Lana is a nudist. Or at least, now that it is warm, that is how she prefers to sleep. I also think she "sleep strips". Because she sometimes wakes up, naked in the middle of night, needing to pee, and will comment, "mommy, I no have no clothes on."

It's probably too early to worry about what the effects of "sleep stripping" will have on her college roomates.

Thing I didn't want to hear from the dentist as I lay in his chair yesterday afternoon, hopped up on nitrous oxide:

"I need the BIG DRILL." OUCH. My mouth STILL hurts. Also, my tongue is burned. How did THAT happen?

Song-like-thing I did not want to hear while lying in the dentist chair, hopped up on nitrous and therefore unable to change the channel on the headphones piping music into my head.

"She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" - NO. I am NOT making that up. It's a real song. I think. Unless the nitrous was playing tricks on me.

Musical things I am obsessed with this week:

"Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's - you can hear the song here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbJtYqBYCV8

Regina Spektor's album "Begin to Hope" - you can see the videos for Fidelity and Better here and here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGTDRztaCCw (Fidelity)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGBNFEjPl38 (Better)

(As always, I didn't post these videos to YouTube, and I'm not associated with the people who did. I'm just watching them. Cause they're there. And I need to share my musical obsessions with my readers. :-P )

LM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy" is a real song. It's right up there with "Ticks" and "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off." I'm telling you, country music is the most entertaining!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The big drill?! YIKES. Poor you!! Hope you feel better soon.

Hmm, you have about 14 years to solve the sleep stripping thing, or I'm thinking you'll have to make sure to get Lana a single room in the dorms! LOL

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:03:00 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Regina Spektor is really wonderful, check out Soviet Kitsch it came out before Begin to Hope...here is "US" a wonderful song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHu9vGuZYlU

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 6:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about the dental experience but it is quite a funny mental image of you dealing with the "big drill" all the while listening to "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy". I think the drill was the least of your concerns.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 6:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter