Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Banned by Net Nanny!!

Nicki (from Stepping on Legos, see my sidebar for the link) pointed out in the comments on my last post that Net Nanny has flagged my site for "alcohol/drug content".

Evidently, I am a bad influence. A very bad influence. Lock up your children.

I was trying to figure out how Net Nanny could possibly find my site offensive. So, I did some searching through my archives.

In EIGHT posts I have mentioned my fondness for RUM. But, hey, I am a 35 year old woman who doesn't happen to be pregnant at the moment (or at any time since I have been writing this blog.) Nor do I operate cars or machinery whilst consuming said rum. It's not like I am describing under-age rum-filled nights of drunken debauchery. (Yes, because, during my under-age nights of drunken debauchery I couldn't afford rum!) (Kidding!) (Mostly!)

In ONE post, I mentioned crack-cocaine. But, it was in the following context: "Cheetos are my own personal crack-cocaine." By which I MEANT that I find them very addictive, NOT that I consume them, at great risk to my personal health and sobriety and well-being, intravenously . That would defeat the whole purpose of eating cheetos, which is, of course, for the cheese powder-y goodness upon one's tongue. Also, I'm not entirely sure that one can get high on Cheetos.

In THREE posts I mention wine. I've been thinking about writing a post in which I announce that I officially DONE with wine, but, I guess that's the kind of thing that would get me in more trouble with Net Nanny. (The reason I am DONE with wine is that I have decided, after many years of TRYING to like it, I simply don't. So, give me some Rum or a Sam Adam's and leave me alone. I am SOOOO NOT drinking the damn Merlot. No more. No thank you.) (But, again, I'm old enough to drink it, if I wanted to, which I don't.)

In SIX posts I mention beer, and in TWO posts I mention cigarettes.

In ONE post I mention strippers. And also prostitutes. But, in the context that I was annoyed with the Ohio legislature for spending a lot of time worrying about strippers and very little time worrying about the state of our schools.

In ONE post I ranted about how much I hate meth-addicts. Not that I know any meth addicts personally, it's just that I need Claritin-D in order to function like a reasonable human being for about half of the year, and the meth addicts have made pseudoephedrine a hard substance to come by. So, I feel justified in complaining about them.

In truth, while I find it kind of amusing that I have been flagged as an inappropriate site for children, I'm not writing this blog for children. Sure, I write a LOT about my children, but, not FOR them.

So, to Net Nanny I say, in spite of you, I am a grown-up, writing a blog for other grown-ups, I think I will continue to write, occasionally, about rum, wine, and strippers. And the unique addiction of cheese-powder on puffed corn.

LM

9 Comments:

Blogger maxhelcal said...

Oh, this is funny!

Bad, bad law mommy!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger LaLa said...

Wow...I kind of feel "dirty" just reading your blog now. Go to time out immediately....LOL

Net Nanny needs a drink herself I think....

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

Tee hee you naughty girl. I wonder what they think of my dropping the f-bomb and discussing foreskins over on my site? lol.

Glad to be corrupt with you.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Next thing I know we will see John Walsh doing a special on America's Most Wanted about you!!!!! ;)

Bring on the rum.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Ba Hum Bug to net nanny. Little does NN know that she is a bore!!!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:40:00 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Oh goodness - you really are about to be the downfall of moral America, aren't you now? Cripes - I don't know where to find Net Nanny, but obviously anything she is behind would seem incredibly boring to me! I saw crank it up a notch and see what NN's most severe action would be... Thank goodness Nikki is watching out for you!

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 7:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Net Nanny must be a bit of a snooze. She obviously needs some of her own rum and strippers.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:26:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My guess is that Net Nanny uses keywords to block sites. I wouldn't take it so personally. I'm sure the Nanny really loves you.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like it's rated pretty high too! www.child-internet-safety.com

Thursday, April 17, 2008 4:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter