Friday, February 29, 2008

The "What-Might-Have-Been"s

I was reading Niobe 's blog this morning, who almost always gets me in an introspective mood. She was writing today ("February's grace note") about the letting go, the what-ifs, and the might-have-beens, as are, evidently, many other bloggers.

Considering that nearly all of my might-have-beens have been of my own choosing (Requiem for Veronica), or heartbreaks that sliced searing pain through my soul at the time, but that turned out for the best (Unanswered Prayers) or things that were bumpy and painful roadblocks on our journey to find Lana (The Sound of Two Hearts Breaking) - it hardly seems fair of me to even ponder my own what-might-have-beens, considering the gravity of the might-have-beens of others...

If your might-have-beens are haunting you today ~ embrace them, wallow or revel in them. And know that you won't be alone.

LM

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger KG said...

You know, I listened to last week's "This American Life" on NPR and they had this whole show on Testosterone . . . supposedly people with high testosterone don't regret or dwell on what might have been. Isn't that odd? I thought so.

Oh, and I think my testosterone is way higher than your average chick's.

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. it's like you're inside my flippin' head. and here, i've spent most of the day feeling badly about feeling badly.

misery and company and all that.

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

Thanks for the kind words.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

dealing with it right now...

Thanks for the post.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 10:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter