Tuesday, March 25, 2008

You say it's your birthday ~ It's my birthday too ~ yeah

I was trying to find a Youtube link to the Beatles "Birthday" song, but, all the ones I found were home videos made for guys who were, evidently, turning 60 or something. So, I didn't post one.

But, it IS my birthday, so, there you go.

Last night Lana insisted on singing "Happy Birthday to Mommy" before going to bed. That was pretty cute. (Considering that for the last month and a half she has asked me to sing "Happy Birthday to Lana" every night before she fell asleep, I thought it was a nice touch.) (No idea why she wants to commemorate her birthday nightly, but, when there is only ONE verse of Happy Birthday standing between me, a hot bubble bath and a warm bed, you can bet your patootie that I'm crooning birthday wishes as often as she wants me to.)

There were presents on the breakfast table for me this morning, with strict instructions not to open them until everyone is home this afternoon. Husband will likely not believe me when I say this, but, I didn't even peek. (Yes, me. Snoop Extraordinaire.) (Okay, I DID try to peek at one but, it was wrapped too well.)

Lana looked at the wrapped gifts this morning and said, 'We did NOT buy you a purse, Mom. We did NOT." I'm trying to figure out if that means that they DID buy me a purse and was trying not to ruin the surprise, or, if there really is no purse in the distinctly purse shaped package on the table. Hmm...

Unfortunately, my birthday is going to be marred by a trip to the dentist. C'est la vie.

Oh, and evidently I have writer's block, because I have several half-finished posts on various topics, including "My Wicked Irish Step-Mother" and "Why Can't Politicians Just Get Their Freak On With Only the Person They Are Married To?" ~ not sure any of these will ever be finished, but, the titles, at least, are pretty good. :-)

LM

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I do like the post titles, and I want to see a picture of the purse (you just know there has to be a purse, right?).

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:08:00 AM  
Blogger KelleyO said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope it's a good one in spite of the dentist!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

Happy Birthday Gretchen! Lana is already learned the art of birthday confusion. I hope you have a good one. And that if it's a purse you wanted a purse you shall receive.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:51:00 AM  
Blogger mam said...

Happy birthday! You've got a cool one...3/25 is 3+2=5 (well, cool to a nerd like me, with my stupid brain). Hope the not-purse is nifty!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I so would've canceled the dentist if it were me... but then I have a dental phobia, so there ya go. :-)

I remember one Christmas K shopped with Hubby for me and when we met up again she said "Mommy, we didn't buy you scrapbooking scissors" ... yeah, great secret keepers our girls are! :-)

Have a GREAT day! (and hey, you might be sharing your birthdate with Laurie's baby!)

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. We will expect to be updated with what was in the presents.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 2:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday pretty Lady! I hope it IS a purse!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:05:00 PM  
Blogger Dr. Leah - Consultant for Lawyers said...

Happy birthday! Enjoy the day.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger La Turista said...

Hey! Happy Birthday to you!

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Lana sounds so sweet.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 9:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Happy Birthday!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:05:00 AM  
Blogger niobe said...

Happy Birthday!

Thursday, March 27, 2008 6:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter