Monday, May 19, 2008

She's Got High In the Sky Apple Pie Hopes

Driving home from work and school today, Lana says to me,

"Mommy, turn the radio down for a minute."

I turn off Rihanna singing "Take a Bow". (I cannot decide if I love Rihanna or if I hate Rihanna - I kind of like this song, though, but, not so much I mind turning it off.) (Note that we are not listening to NPR on the way home because they made me cry hysterically while driving last week TWICE*, so, I consider the news too dangerous to listen to while driving at the moment.)

"You know what I'm gonna learn, mom?" Lana asks.

"What are you going to learn, Lana?" I respond.

"I am going to learn how to fart REALLY REALLY LOUD. Super loud. I am."

Dream big, baby girl. Dream big.

LM

6 Comments:

Blogger mam said...

The Myanmar & China stories? So so sad. I hope Lana achieves her goal...good to dream big!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You better go get a load of beans and roughage...

Yeah, no news for me either.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:24:00 AM  
Blogger S. said...

Did Melissa Bloch make you cry? she did me :(

But...WTG Lana! big goals are great!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:57:00 AM  
Blogger KG said...

There really HAS been some depressing stuff on NPR. VERY depressing.

Though I cannot bring myself to turn off NPR anyway - it's like a car wreck - you just HAVE to listen!!!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:43:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

SO FUNNY! Kinhly just came in to talk with Matt and me about 10 minutes ago, and farted every time she opened her mouth to talk. By the end of her sentence, she was laughing so hard that she could barely get a word out! Oh preschool girls! I thought preschool boys were bad, but the girls are equally so!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

that is awesome! Just awesome....
Yeah, that NPR....I hear ya on the crying...

Friday, May 23, 2008 8:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter