Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Reasons to NOT be depressed

When they call tomorrow to tell me that some other family is getting Dung, here are the following reasons I should NOT be depressed:

1. God is telling me that some other child is meant to be with my family
2. We will have more time to save up more money to pay for the referral and dossier fee
3. Perhaps this will put us at a point where we will be leaving for Vietnam for the as-yet-to-be-identified child next May or June, which would be perfect as far as timing goes.
4. If it takes us the full 16 months (average) from homestudy to referral to travel, I will be able to enjoy an entire school year of not having to drive anybody to the daycare center, and therefore Gabe and I can sleep in until 8:00 and put Gabe on the bus every morning at 8:50 AM.
5. Do you realize I could sleep a whole extra hour for a whole year if the above were true?
6. That's 365 extra hours of sleep.
7. That's like 15 DAYS of sleep. Extra! Bonus.
8. That might almost eliminate the sleep debt that is hanging around from Gabe's first three years of life.

Okay, so, I cannot really think of any others. But, FATE, TIME, MONEY and SLEEP are four good things to focus on tomorrow when that phone rings to break my damn heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I will be thinking of you all day. Let us know if we can do anything. Love you!! Danielle

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 2:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are out here rooting for you!!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup - 4 good things to focus on tomorrow...and tonight I would be focusing on WINE...just be sure you save some for tomorrow in case you have to celebrate, or in case you have to drown your sorrows.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 5:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter