Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fox in the Parkinglot

Yesterday evening, I went over to my friend M~'s house to watch Gilmore Girls*. (As I have previously mentioned, I do not have the CW on my satellite tv. It blows. Because I cannot watch Gilmore Girls or Veronica Mars. However, before Kate's head explodes at this news, I am NETFLIXING Veronica Mars, so, consider your internet VM prostelityzing (sp?) to have been effective. :-))

Anyhoo, M~ and I watch Gilmore Girl's together on Tuesday nights, while her husband R~ humors us by pretending to watch GG as well, but, he actually is mostly reading Rolling Stone or doing Sudoku. Husband usually uses this time to play Nintendo or build Legos with Gabriel. (I cannot stay at M~'s to watch Veronica Mars because I need to be home by 9:15 to read to Gabriel and sing the Big Blue Frog Song before he goes to sleep.)

But, last night, Husband had asked me to stop at the grocery to get coffee and fruit on my way home from M~'s house.

As I was putting my groceries in the back of the car, around 9:25**, I heard a small noise in the nearly empty parking lot, and I turned around and THERE WAS A FOX staring at me.

A FOX. I'm talking a tally-ho and blow the horn and put on your ridiculous English hunting cap FOX. A red one. With a white spot on it's tail. It was smaller than a beagle. But, larger than a cat.

It looked at me. I looked at it. And before I could start quoting "A Little Prince"*** at it, I made a small motion of surprise and the fox took off like a...well, like a fox in the parking lot of a Giant Eagle. Evidently, as far as foxes go, I am MENACING.

I got in my car and then I called Husband. (Husband being an eagle scout and nature expert type.) "Husband!" I said. "Is it possible that I just saw a fox in the parking lot of the Giant Eagle? Are there foxes in Ohio? Or have I lost my marbles?"

Husband told me it was possible. Foxes, evidently, do live here. What the fox was doing in the parking lot of the Giant Eagle - that's anybody's guess.

LM

WARNING. GG Spoiler Below.

*Um...hello!!!!!!!! Earth to Lorelei Gilmore. Hasn't this man broken your heart AT LEAST twice in your life?? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING LORELEI??????????!!!!??? And does anybody else think that Gigi's mommy is going to show up at any minute and make Christopher act like a total A** all over again? OH, and didn't Sherilyn Fenn already appear on this show two or three seasons ago as Jess's step-mother, so, how is it possible that she is now Luke's daughter's mom???

**Yes, you are correct. My child did not go to bed until almost 10 last night. We are horrible parents, you are absolutely right.

***"Tame me." The little prince asked "What is it to tame?" The fox replied, "It is to establish ties. ..to me, you are nothing more than a little boy who is just like a hundred thousand other little boys and I have no need of you. ....But if you tame me , than we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world." From A Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Which you should read. Over and over and over again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Yes, that lady was Jess's step-mom. And I hate her and I think luke will end up with her. And WHY is Lorelai going back to Chris, WHO KNOWS. Stupid new writers! And what is Rory doing with Logan?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 3:05:00 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

Hehe. My plan for world domination is working...bwa ha ha. That's cool about the fox - I saw one in suburban Chicago in the middle of town. They're pretty resilient little things. :)

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 3:41:00 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Too funny about the fox. They seem to be everywhere, but I've never seen one in a city before. In college we used to have deer in the parking lot every night. I swear, just leaving campus was an accident waiting to happen!

Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter