Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Overheard

(I have to admit that I was reminded of this conversation while I was reading Snarky Bitch this morning. Give credit where credit is due and all that.)

Last week, there was a shortage of O+ blood in our area, and so the Red Cross called Husband and asked him to come in and give. (He gives pretty regularly, but, in this case they called him on exactly the next day he would be eligible to donate - I believe it's 57 days or something like that.)

So, Husband made an appointment for the next day, and he said to Gabe, "after school tomorrow you're going to have to come with me while I give blood, and then we'll pick up Lana."

Gabe: Oh yeah! I love it! (Gabe does a small happy dance around the kitchen)

Lana: What? What give blood? What that mean?

Gabe: Daddy gives the nurse his blood and the nurse gives us OREOS! And NUTTER BUTTERS! As many as I want! I'll get a pack for you, too, Lana.

So, there you go, my son loves it when Husband gives blood for the COOKIES.

Evidently, in Gabe's head, we happily exchange bodily fluids for baked goods.

LM

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Free oreos when you bring Dad in to give blood? That sounds like a great deal! In high school I used to sign up for the blood drive just to get out of gym class. It was totally worth it.

Wednesday, February 06, 2008 2:48:00 PM  
Blogger Elowyn said...

Hehe. The cookies rule.

Oh, and the Vaughn/Syd punching? Horrid, I agree. yeeks.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome that your husband donates blood so often. My hubby did it once, right after we flew cross-country so he was sorta dehydrated and it made him all faint and he said "never again!" And I am no better because I always say I want to but never do it - I use the weight excuse but honestly that excuse hasn't been valid for like 15 years now... sigh.
ANYWAY, enough about me! I think that's great your hubby donates AND that he is setting such a positive example for Gabe. :-)

Thursday, February 07, 2008 4:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter