Sunday, June 22, 2008

I am damaged at best*

Husband is still in the hospital. He looks (knock on wood) considerably better than he did when I took him there on Thursday afternoon. (Which was, bad. Really, really bad. He could not walk, could not stand up, I had to get a wheelchair to get him into the ER. It was scary.) He was able to eat real food (well, hospital food) all day yesterday without being wracked by excruciating pain a few hours later, which is a first in the last 2 weeks, so, maybe that's a good sign.

We still do not have an answer for what has made him so sick. They have scoped his stomach (where they found 'irritation' and 'swelling' and 'two small areas of erosion' that were 'insufficient to have caused' his current situation), scanned his gallbladder, xrayed. etc. His arms are bruised from all the blood they've taken. (And this is a man who gives religiously to the Red Cross, so, getting blood out of him is usually not a big deal.)

I have been told by the doctor that there is no way this is e.coli0157 or salmonella poisoning, but, they also don't have the test results back from those tests yet, so, I guess I'll believe it when I see a negative test result...

Tomorrow they are scoping his intestines.

LM

*some song by Lifehouse, title I cannot remember right now, but, the lyrics are a pretty good fit for my current state of mind

11 Comments:

Blogger niobe said...

Poor, poor Husband. And poor, poor Law Mommy. I'm extremely glad to hear that things sound a bit better, though it's very scary that they can't come up with any explanation. I'll be thinking of you.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:34:00 AM  
Blogger La Turista said...

Some progress, right? Now we just need some answers, STAT, as the White Coats say.

Take care of you, too.

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

I'm so glad that things are looking up! But, I hope that they figure things out soon!

Sunday, June 22, 2008 3:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be a huge relief to see him improving and eating and stuff. I'm assuming they checked for this but what about pacreatitis? Crazy, this not knowing!

Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Mia's Mommy said...

Good Lord! I haven't read blogs in a while, and I just read from May to current. I'll be praying for your husband! I know that it's scary and frustrating when you don't have answers immediately.

Melissa

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger jenn said...

Well at least he is getting some nourishment into him. I really hope the next few days have some answers for you guys!

Sunday, June 22, 2008 9:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad he's doing better - but I sure wish they knew the cause! Continued prayers - for all of you.

Monday, June 23, 2008 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Still sending love. Would love to have the kids if you need us to.

Monday, June 23, 2008 11:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending good thoughts and prayers. i had something similar when i was 8 - hemolytic uremic syndrome - a very rare form of e-coli...sounds like what d is going through.
please let me know if you need anything!
sending love,
cat

Monday, June 23, 2008 3:04:00 PM  
Blogger KG said...

Yeah . . . I'm part of that "I'll believe it when I see it" results crew, as well. You never know . . . and medical professionals sometimes don't know any more than the rest of us.

I'm glad he seems to be feeling better - I hope he continues to improve!

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:15:00 PM  
Blogger Terynn said...

Still checking in and hoping every day is better than the previous. Take care of you, too (or let others help do that).

Monday, June 23, 2008 9:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter