Monday, June 02, 2008

I Don't Want a Pickle, Just Want to Ride on My Motorcycle*

Lana came in the house yesterday after jogging at the park with Husband.

(For Lana, jogging at the park involves sitting in the babyjogger and yelling, "go faster, Daddy, go faster" while Husband runs, pushing the babyjogger in front of him. Husband indicates that other joggers find this hilarious.) (I tend to think that Husband WOULD find it hilarious, except that it is also very hard work to run and push a babyjogger faster and faster. So I'm told. I wouldn't know.)

As they walked in the house, Husband asked me, "Is today the 1st of June?" (This was apropos of, what? I don't know, because we never got any further into that conversation.)

Lana piped up, "In June, I'm gettin' a MOTORCYCLE!"

Husband and I, together, "What?"

"In June, I'm gettin' a MOTORCYCLE. Gonna go FAST."

Yeah, hold the phone and put on the brakes, baby girl. Not. Gonna. Happen.

"Where are you getting the motorcycle from?" I ask her, curious.

"Don't know," she said happily. "Just gonna get one."

I am in so. much. trouble.

LM

*Arlo Guthrie, "The Motorcycle Song", from the album Alice's Restaurant

4 Comments:

Blogger thecurryseven said...

I'm laughing because TM is all about speed and any type of machine with wheels, preferably at the same time. We fully expect him to be a participant in the X-games...assuming he has survived until he's old enough.

Elizabeth

Monday, June 02, 2008 8:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeek, you ARE in big trouble. My kids get grounded for words such as that! It sure puts it in perspective when your teen starts begging for a nice safe SmartCar for his 16th birthday, huh?! Ha.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zeeb is all about motorcycles... he gets so excited every time he sees one and talks about wanting one... guess those first few years on a moto really made an impact on our kids! (But I'm with you - No. Way. !!!)

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:05:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

Sounds like a girl after my own heart!! hehe Good luck with that one!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter