Friday, June 13, 2008

Under Pressure

So. I'm a bit stressed. In fact, yesterday, I sent an email to two of my Girlfriends announcing, "I am a ball of freaky stress." And that about sums up my state of mind.

Husband has been sick. Really, really, sick. Go to the ER at 3:00 in the morning sick. Again to the doctor the next afternoon sick. Doubled over, stomach cramping, can't keep anything in him, sick, sick, sick.

And before you ask, yes, he ate tomatoes.

But, the doctor doesn't think it's salmonella. The doctor doesn't know WHAT it is, and the cultures they ran on him at the ER won't have results until Monday.

They told us lots of scary sounding things it WASN'T. (Because they took a bunch of blood and xrays and said his "organs are working fine and his bloodwork is fine." It's also not his gall bladder, or kidney stones...)

This, coupled with Gabriel's recent stomach troubles...is making me very nervous/stressed/freaked out about my family's health.

At the moment, Husband is floating in percocet/Zofran induced stupor, in an attempt to stop the stomach spasming which is evidently the source of the godawful pain. And I guess a narcotic/anti-nausea coma is, you know, preferable to writhing in pain and reaching for a barf bag...

There are many things I'd like to blog about, like, for example meeting the lovely E. from Looking For George, for lunch (when she happened to be in my neck of the woods the other day), which involved 7 balloons and 7 children between us, and Lana telling E. that she was, in fact, not from Vietnam, but "from NOWHERE.". (Yeah, possibly there is whole lifetime's worth of therapy to be had from the one sentence alone. Oy.)

Other blog worthy topics...the boyscout camp tornado in Iowa (oh my Lord, so scary, so sad)...the endless cycle of rain-heat-rain that seems to have befallen us here in the midwest (can you say STICKY??)...how Family 4 Peace is an awesome friend who my kids adore, but, how she also tried to kill me with a 5-lb hula hoop...how Charlaine Harris has a new Sookie Stackhouse book out...how good the show LIFE is on NBC, and how did I miss this great story, and how happy it has made me that NBC has made season 1 available on-line...see, many, many blog worthy things.

But, right now, I'm mostly just feeling worried. And wet. And sticky. And worried.

LM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now *I* am worried. But dang, I laughed out loud about Lana saying she is from nowhere ;) You crack me up. I hope husband feels better VERY soon and that you can refocus on the apparent natural destruction of our world instead.

Friday, June 13, 2008 11:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your husband feels better soon. You guys need a break from the ER for a good long while. Lunch was fun, despite the seven kids and lack of air conditioning (and I told you I'd buy your lunch and then totally forgot -- what a dweeb I am).

Friday, June 13, 2008 2:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HUgs-- And if I were closer, I'd only try to kill you with a 3lb hula hoop

Saturday, June 14, 2008 11:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I am so sorry about your husband being so sick. I hope he is better soon.

Sunday, June 15, 2008 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

Unexplained illnesses are terrifying. As I know only too well.

Lana's comment made me think of one of my half-sisters, whose mother is Jewish and whose father is Christian and who was brought up with no specific religious education. As a child, when asked about her religion, she would say, "I'm half-Jewish and half-nothing."

Sunday, June 15, 2008 8:43:00 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I hope hubby is is well soon.

Monday, June 16, 2008 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter