Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I was an Ebay virgin

Until 10 days ago, I was an ebay virgin.

Yep, you read that right. I had never bought anything on ebay. Ever. I would occasionally look at things on ebay, and wonder, "hmm, how does this work?"

But, I never cared enough to find out until I couldn't find something that I wanted.

And the thing that I wanted but could not find was...

Orchids, made out of jade.

I know, it's obscure, right?

See, Lana's name, in Vietnamese, means "jade orchid". And I wanted to give her pre-school teachers, well, jade orchids. So they would always have something unique to remember her by.

And I found an ebay shop that had many, many pendants, made of jade, carved in the shape of orchids. They were perfect. They were EXACTLY what I wanted.

And I couldn't figure out how to order them!

So frustrating.

Anyway, I schlepped myself over to my sister's house, who helped me buy the items on ebay. And it wasn't hard, so, I'm not sure why I thought it would be difficult. (This was a "buy it now" situation, as opposed to an auction.)

And the necklaces arrived today, and they are GORGEOUS.

The ones I bought were in a medium price-range, but, they have stuff from very very inexpensive to kind of pricey.

So, if you are looking for jade jewelry, I am very happy with this place: http://stores.ebay.com/Eastern-Treasury - I wasn't sure if I would be able to find orchid made out of jade, and they had just exactly what I wanted.

I hope her teachers love them.

LM

6 Comments:

Blogger KG said...

I'm hella jealous and want one of those fantastic necklaces. I'm sure the teachers will love them.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 5:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't judge you. I've bought a few things from ebay, but for some reason I am very intimidated by the process. I remember when we first started Sera's adoption, people would recommend selling things on ebay as a way to generate some extra funds. I would nearly have heart palpitations just thinking of the stress! I mean, if I can hardly handle buying, there's no way on this green earth that I would ever be able to SELL anything!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ohhh, man, I couldn't refrain from commenting on this post. If you were an ebay virgin, then I was an ebay WH*ORE! A dirty, dirty WH*ORE! Before Mattix, I couldn't get enough. Seriously, package after package would arrive many days of the week - for at least three years. I've been at ebay for over five. Bad, bad, bad. Sometimes when I'd look at my total purchases made in the prior 60 days, I'd feel extra dirty. Now that Mattix is home, I don't have the time to scour ebay for my favorite brand of clothing (okay, I sort of don't have the time, but it's more that my a$$ is an entire size bigger than it was when we left for VN, so I'm waiting until it returns to normal, but whatever). Anyway, careful. It's a slippery slope, that ebay.

I'm so glad you were able to find exaclty what you were seeking. What an incredibly thoughtful gift for her teachers. I'm going to check out the link.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:21:00 PM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

What a lovely gift! I bet they treasure them.

As for e-bay.....I LOVE e-bay. Have been on there ever since I got my first computer. It started out when I found Dawn dolls from the early 70's and now I'm into Blythe and Pullip dolls which are sold primarily from Japan. I also learned how to sell on there and have sold quite a bit of stuff. You can buy or sell just about ANYTHING on e-bay. Be careful, it can be addictive!

~Michelle

Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger niobe said...

Yay for finding exactly what you wanted.

The buy-it-now option I can deal with. It's the auction thing I can't handle.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger A Voice of Sanity said...

My eBay feedback is well over 600 - all but two for buying. It's been quite the learning experience! There are criminals there - and liars - you do have to be alert. But I've done the dance of joy more than once after a win.

Monday, July 21, 2008 1:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter