Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Oh, A Meme, why not? Everyone else is!

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

Crunching Department of Labor Statistics numbers for a large research company, recently moved into Husband and my first house, celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary.

2. What 5 things are on your to-do list for today?


Go to hearing at 10:00 AM.

Go to hearing at 11:00 AM.

Go to hearing at 1:30 PM.

Draft [document] for X client.

Draft [document] for Y client.


3. List some snacks you enjoy.

Almonds
Cheetos
Yogurt
Pineapple
Ice Cream
Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms


4. What would you do with a billion dollars?

Pay off my house. Buy a condo in Montreal. And a condo someplace warm. Create trust funds for my kids. Build a domestic violence shelter. Give a lot of money to charities doing direct humanitarian work in Vietnam. Travel to interesting but expensive far away places and stay in obscure but luxurious accommodations.

5. List the places you have lived.

Tuscon, Arizona
Custer, South Dakota
Cannes, France

Hitachi, Japan
Great Lakes/Midwest region of the US

6. List the jobs you have had.

*Legal secretary

*Pizza maker/Ice Cream Scooper/Gift Shop attendant (all in one)

*Mr. Grassy Head Sales Person (I worked at a cart in the Tucson mall, selling Mr. Grassy Head, a novelty product for people living in the desert who were starved for grass. He was an indoor plant shaped like a man's face, with grass growing on his head.)

*Fake designer hand bag sales person (this was yet another cart in the Tuscon mall, where I started working after Mr. Grassy Head went belly up. I sold knock-off handbags. It was eventually shut down by the Chanel corporation. Somewhere in Arizona, a man named Ari owes me three days pay, for the three days leading up to the scandalous Chanel shut down. Please note that I was 22 years old at the time, going to grad school in sociology, and I was just trying to make enough money to eat. I didn't realize it was technically illegal, and my classmates were selling their plasma and dancing naked on poles to get by.) (Okay, only one of my classmates was dancing naked on a pole. Er, near a pole. Poles were involved in the dancing, is all I know. So, what I'm saying is, I may have been selling fake handbags, but, at least I wasn't a topless dancer. And let's face it, I just don't have the rhythm to be a topless dancer, or the stomach to sell my own plasma, so, what choice did I have?)

*Hotel Concierge (this was the job I got after I got burned by the knock-off designer handbag cart. It was a much better gig, and the Hilton corporation never shorted me any pay.)

*English Teacher

*Demographer

*Lawyer


Okay. That wasn't so bad. Your turn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I always figured if I had to resort to pole dancing maybe they would pay me to keep my clothes on!!!!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did my undergrad at U of A. The first time I saw Tucson Mall, I almost cried - that is NOT a mall by my "bigger city" standards! Doesn't surprise me that Tucson Mall would have a fake purse stand. I'm just saying... So what's wrong with pole dancing to get through grad school?! Kidding!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 3:10:00 PM  
Blogger niobe said...

Laughing hysterically at your brief foray into the dark criminal underworld of fake designer handbag sales.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter