Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Fun Times at the ER

I. AM. SO. TIRED.

Gabe woke up at 2:20 AM this morning and did not go back to sleep. He was moaning in pain and complaining of a stomach ache.

I gave him so Coke. I gave him some milk. I gave him some Children's Pepto.

At 5:00AM I was so tired and so frustrated and so at the end of my rope I accused him of faking it to get out of going to school today. (He usually likes school, so, I'm not sure where that came from, except, you know, from the end of my rope.)

Husband stayed home with him today, and he basically refused to eat, and the stomach pains continued to come and go in waves. At 3:30 he was crying from the pain again, and our doctor's office couldn't see him until tomorrow.

At 4:30 Husband called me at work to say Gabe was writhing on the floor in pain.

I called my mom and asked her to pick up Lana from school and I told Husband to meet me at the Children's Hospital ER.

We spent 2.5 hours at the ER, where we were treated by a staff that clearly deals with kids much more regularly than the staff at the ER by our house. (So, I'm saying, it was totally worth the 15 extra minutes of drive time to get to Children's.)

And after a small amount of concern about appendicitis, as it turns out, my son is full of sh*t.

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

The boy is, er, bound-up, so to speak.

Evidently, his banana and swiss cheese obsession of late is doing bad things to his intestinal track.

I'm relieved it's not more serious, but, my poor little guy is in bad shape. We're hoping he'll be feeling more like himself in about 24 hours...but, I'm afraid we are in for another rough night. :-(

LM

6 Comments:

Blogger Nicole - Raising Animals said...

OMG! We had the same week beginning with Kinhly! Except that her in-tears-stomach-pain was caused by a combo of constipation and pneumonia. Thankfully her doc keeps all Mondays open for Monday morning call-ins.
I hope Gabe feels better!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:53:00 PM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

My daughter Phoebe had the exact same thing happen to her. Literally full of sh*t. Make sure he clears it out or it can actually turn into a big deal. You got medication right? Poor little guy. Hope he feels better soon.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 9:04:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

that is freaking classic!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger KG said...

Hooray for prune juice!

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck! Glad to know that he's okay...sorry to hear he's full of sh*t! Sleepless nights are not fun.

Thursday, June 05, 2008 2:00:00 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I have a great recipe for "poop muffins". I eat them a lot because they are a WW 1 point muffin. Let me know if you think he would eat them. And he better poop before he comes to stay with me next week!! :)

Friday, June 06, 2008 10:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter