Sunday, July 13, 2008

Oh bother...

Argh.

We arrived home at 3:45 AM this morning, after arriving at the airport in Detroit at 1:00AM, waiting AN HOUR for the luggage carousel to finally start up, making our way to our long term parking, finding a nearly flat tire, finding an open gas station with an air pump, finding an open McDonalds because we were all starving since the airlines no longer feed anyone...we fell asleep at 4:00 AM.

I think the last time I fell asleep at 4:00 AM was 1993.

Anyway, we all woke up around noon, and dragged around for a while and then starting to unpack.

When we discovered that we had almost none of MY clothes, with the exception of my bathing suit, a yellow t-shirt, some red pants, and my Hello Kitty pajamas.

Yes, we left all of my other vacation clothes in Seattle.

And the hotel THINKS they have them, but, there is someone checked into our room and they cannot locate them, so, they cannot actually describe the clothes to me until they get the permission of the people who are currently checked into the room. Or something.

I just hope that the people staying in the room don't share my same plain-Jane Midwestern fashion sense and claim them as their own...

Seriously, I haven't got a pair of shorts that fits me at the moment. And it's 87 degrees right now. Also, the only pair of jeans that I own that I can describe as truly flattering and comfortable is among the missing.

And I cannot figure out, for the life of me, how we managed to not pack an entire drawer of clothes.

LM

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo. That sucks. What I can't figure out, is doesn't house keeping check the drawers when they clean a room after one family checks out and another checks in? I mean, I realize clean sheets and sanitized toilets are probably a little higher up on their list of priorities, but don't they go through the dressers, too? Just to make sure nobody left a toad or a stinky diaper in one? I mean,sure, who would do that? But some people . . .

Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:24:00 PM  
Blogger KG said...

I bet one of the maids got drunk and wore your shorts on her head while dancing around the hotel room . . .

Sunday, July 13, 2008 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

Well, on the bright side, I beleive I saw the yellow shirt/red pants combo you managed to bring home and it's deightful, just delightful. So that's something, right?

Monday, July 14, 2008 12:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interested in getting paid for your post? Feel free to email me your blog URL here datingsitesponsor@gmail.com. Thanks.

Monday, July 14, 2008 9:33:00 AM  
Blogger maxhelcal said...

I think you should just start sunbathing everyday followed by evenings eating ice cream in your Hello Kitty pajamas and the air conditioning. I mean, what else can you do under the circumstances?

Monday, July 14, 2008 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! That is a total fear of mine! I hope all the clothes come home soon. And I feel for you on the pain of traveling - every time we fly I swear I'm never going to do it again because it is such torture. Glad you are all safe and sound though!

Monday, July 14, 2008 11:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter