Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gimme Gimme Gimme (Amanda) After Midnight

I spent Saturday and Sunday with two of my college Girlfriends on a shopping spree in Michigan. (You know, we were doing our part to help the economy, see.)

Anyway, this involved a lot of visiting, laughing out loud, eating things we wouldn't normally eat, finding an amazing bargain on a new briefcase at the Coach factory outlet, and oohing and ahhing over the ridiculously cute baby clothes at various baby clothes stores. (One of my girlfriends is expecting a little boy on Valentine's Day, so, it was a perfect excuse to go baby shopping.)

We also went to see the movie Mamma Mia. We had such a good time. It's a perfect "go to the movies with your Girlfriends" movie. (If you like ABBA. I think if you hated ABBA it would be a horrible movie to watch...just sayin'.) Anyway, if you haven't grabbed one or two or four of your Girlfriends and gone to see it yet ~ go! You'd get a night out with your girls, plus the added bonus of Amanda Seyfried playing one of the principal roles. Seyfried played Lilly Kane on Veronica Mars, and, it is is nice to see her playing a role where she doesn't spend half of her time on screen with her head bashed in. (Not that she didn't totally pull off being a dead girl with her head bashed in, 'cause she did.)

Anyway, driving home, my Girlfriend CB and I got stuck in a traffic jam extraordinaire, and had a little adventure getting off the highway and trying to find our way into Ann Arbor. And all I can say is that CB rocks at map reading. Thank heavens. And thank goodness we had the Mamma Mia soundtrack, which we listened to for the entire time we were, er...lost? Having a back road travel adventure? Anyway, it was good music to be listening to at the time.

So, I leave you with a link to Amanda Seyfried singing Gimme Gimme Gimme (a man after midnight). What's not to love? (It's even better when you are not trying to determine if you are driving in the right direction.)

LM

Edited to add: MAM brings up an extremely salient point, vis a vis, Pierce Brosnan's laughably bad singing voice. And I should warn you, yes, it is BAD. He cannot sing. (Although, I think he admitted his lack of talent in that area in several interviews.) Which is why, if you get the soundtrack, even if you are lost and one of your BFFs is doing a bang up job navigating from the passenger seat, you will have to skip over track 11 S.O.S. and also track 15 When All is Said and Done. (I'm warning you, if you click through, you will be treated to Pierce Brosnan...er...singing...allegedly.) (As always, these are not my YOUTUBE clips. I just found them as examples.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so need to see that movie, since I LOVE ABBA and all. Coach outlet in MI? Really?

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:53:00 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I have been wanting to see that movie. Sorry about getting lost!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 11:45:00 PM  
Blogger mam said...

But wasn't Pierce Brosnan just a TERRIBLE -- laughably terrible -- singer? I liked the movie (did a girlfriends outing, sneaking out of work on a Friday afternoon with some workmates), but his singing. Oy.

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 12:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counter
Get a Free Hit Counter